How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask 911DOC Your Own Question
911DOC, Board Certified Dr.
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 5094
Experience:  Emergency Medicine Physician
Type Your Medical Question Here...
911DOC is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I get a severe pain in the rectum after urinating, this is

This answer was rated:

I get a severe pain in the rectum after urinating, this is usually worse when lymph nodes elsewhere are very swollen (I have CLL) PSA tests are well within normal, there is no rectal bleeding/condstipation or diahorea. I had a colonoscopy 3 years ago and all was normal. Any ideas?
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer,

Have you had a CT scan with contrast of the abdomen and pelvis?

standing by
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Yes last year and nothing untoward was seen, except enlarged spleen and liver, low red cells and platelets 105. Lymphocytes 130
Is there a urologist involved with your care?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
No only Haematologist
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I should mention the problem can persist for weeks go aaway and then return without warning! I am not therefore too concerned that it may be anything particularly nasty.
THIS is a link regarding the rectal pain issue.

notice one particularly puzzling diagnosis called PROCTALGIA FUGAX.

based on your symptoms i think this is a likely diagnosis... but, unfortunately, we don't know why it occurs and treatment is basically non existent. however, MOST cases of proctalgia are short lived.

I agree with you that based on the workup that has been done that this is unlikely to be anything 'nasty'.... however, if it becomes something that alters your life for the worse it's time to see a colorectal surgeon... not necessarily for surgery.... but for his or her expertise.

I am standing by if you have any further questions.

911DOC and 4 other Medical Specialists are ready to help you