Medical

Have Medical Questions? Ask a Doctor Online!

Ask a Doctor,

Medical

Have a constant high wbc count with slightly elevated

Customer Question
hemoglobin and hematocrit, low monocytes...
have a constant high wbc count with slightly elevated hemoglobin and hematocrit, low monocytes and high neutrophils absolute, suffer intermittent low grade fevers, fatigue, bone pain, blurred vision, dizziness and i am extremely tired all the time
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Medical
10/3/2011
Doctor: Dr .Saha, Doctor(MD) replied 6 years ago
Dr .Saha
Dr .Saha, Doctor(MD)

How long are you having the symptoms?

When have you consulted doctor last?

Do you take any medicine?

How high is wbc & neutrophil count?

What is the hemoglobin level?

Did you have any other test?

Thank you.
for at least months, last week, high blood pressure/ water pill, lithium and adderall, clonipin, and pain infusion pump with dilated that is at very low setting the white blood cells have range from 13.5- 21.5 and the neutrophils 45.5- 55.6 and low monocytes 2.2-3 over the last six months blood work has been cbc, liver panel, lipid panel, metabolic panel, lupus test, lithium level allways at .6 and adderall not the source of fever or night sweats either. I have had gallbladder removed, a subtotal cholectomy with ileum pouch, two back fusions, historectomy that involved cysts and fibroid tumor removal, an abcess that stayed hidden burst and almost kill me in which the symptoms i have are similar. this is all i can tell you but i will be seeing a hemotologist again wanted another oppinion that i might be able to provide him with. Unfortunately my symptoms should point to things but my body masks and fights things with all it has until sometimes it can be too late this is all i can tell you sincerely frustrated
Thank you for the information.

There are several causes for the high wbc & neutrophil count.

The common ones are infections or inflammation..

These can be in the form of abscess, on infection in an organ.

Among the non infectious causes these can be hypersensitivity reactions, collagen diseases, infarction, acute gout, glomerulonephritis,

Other causes include neoplasm, leukemia, though in leukemia counts are usually much higher.

Low monocyte count can be due to effect of medicine or it can also come from bone marrow issues.

Yes, you need to have an examination by a hematologist, if no apparent cause is there.

I hope this information helps.

I will be happy to assist, if you need any clarification.

Please feel free for any follow up query.

Best wishes.
Dr .Saha
Dr .Saha, Doctor(MD)
Dr .Saha
Dr .Saha
Dr .Saha, Doctor(MD)