How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr .Saha Your Own Question
Dr .Saha
Dr .Saha, Doctor(MD)
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 17828
Experience:  35 years experience as doctor
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr .Saha is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My details are: 30 year old female, 2 children, had second

Resolved Question:

my details are: 30 year old female, 2 children, had second baby 9 months ago.
i have a couple of things i would like to ask, firstly i keep feeling a stinging, nipping type pain under my right rib cage, i would say that my bowel movements seem normal however possibly a slight increase in wind. i feel the pain can be worse in the morning especially if i have been lying on my right side. My appetite hasnt changed (in fact still to lose 2 stone from having baby) my own doctor believes this pain is muscular?! i do suffer from lower back pain (have bulging disc at s1 l5 region) she says i would have more symptoms if it was something else? do you agree with this?
my other query is i suffer from neck tension, tight muscles as i am constantly lifting my baby boy who weighs approx 10 kilos! while rubbing my shoulders and neck i could feel a small jelly like lump at the end of my collarbone that joins with shoulder (right side) my shoulder blades at back on both sides are tender when massaged and i also have tender areas at the top of my arm where it joins shoulder. the small lump isnt noticeable but i can feel it just under the skin, it is moveable and feels like its surrounded by a soft jelly life substance, no pain either. i have looked in to lymph nodes of the head and neck and this area doesnt flag up?
i am a worrier so any lump or bump turns me into a worrying wreck! so any advice on these matters would be most helpful.
kind regards
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr .Saha replied 6 years ago.

Is there any tenderness on right side of rib cage?

In which part of the rib cage, upper or lower?

How large is the jelly like lump?

Is it movable? increasing in size?

Thank you.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

there isnt tenderness on the rib cage, the twinge is low down i would say under last rib can sometimes move to the side.

lump is maybe a little over a cm and i can move it, doesnt seem to be getting bigger, sometimes i need to root around to find.

Expert:  Dr .Saha replied 6 years ago.
Thank you for the information.

The stinging type pain can be due to muscle spasm, pinching of the nerve.

Other causes can be gall bladder problem, urinary colic but they are more likely to be persistent & are usually associated with other symptoms like nausea, tenderness, urinary or stool changes etc

The jelly like lump seems like a cyst often epidermoid cyst or it can be collection of fat like lipoma.

These are usually benign, but it should get examined by doctor for confirmation & rule out any other cause.

I hope this information helps.

I will be happy to assist, if you need any clarification.

Please feel free for any follow up query.

Best wishes.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

so you think that with this twinge if there was more going on i would have more symptoms? i have no tenderness to touch or sickness etc i also dont feel i need pain relief or anything its just an annoying feeling?

so if my doctor examined my shoulder would they be able to determine what it is just by examination?


Expert:  Dr .Saha replied 6 years ago.

Twinge for a moment is often from muscle spasm/ cramp.

Nerve pinching is also possible.

Other causes usually produce more symptoms.

Doctor can examine it & in most cases will be able to give you a provisional diagnosis.

Dr .Saha and 4 other Medical Specialists are ready to help you