Medical

Have Medical Questions? Ask a Doctor Online!

Ask a Doctor,

Medical

What does it mean when you have alloantibodies, anti-D,

anti-C, and anti-E, found in...
What does it mean when you have alloantibodies, anti-D, anti-C, and anti-E, found in your blood test?
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/15/2011
DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician
Hello
have you ever had a blood transfusion?
No, nor am I pregnant, nor have I had any recent immunizations
What lab
ordered by what doc
I was actually donating blood to the LifeSouth blood center. I just received notice in the mail.
Okay, Dr. Thomas, I'm beginning to get worried since no one seems to be able to answer my question. When can I expect an answer? I don't mean to be impatient, but I cannot sit here at the computer awaiting an answer.
OK
To have these allo-antibodies
pregnancy
blood transfusion
a previous miscarriage
a needle stick is which you were exposed to blood
Other products that are injectable that might have blood cells...such as IgG..
That is about is
or the lab made an error in samples
I suggest you have a sample sent by your doc.

good luck

Let me know if you have further questions

What other injectable products are you talking about? I have not had a needle stick of any type.

Immunoglobulin IgG which is used in some illness.
If you are Rh- this would also indicate exposure.

Other wise
If no exposure,,,there is an error.
I personally called a blood center I use to confirm this.
Talked with the medical director, specialist for the info.

good luck
Please Click Accept to give answer credit so I am compensated for time and expertise. Come back if needed. Bonuses and positive feedback most helpful. Answers for informational purposes only, not to replace your physician advice or visit.
I was diagnosed with gastroparesis about 1 1/2 years ago. I have had several EGDs and also had a colonoscopy w/in the last year. The last 2 EGDs, (1 in Feb 2011, and 1 in May, 2011) included Botox injections in order to "paralyze" my pyloric sphenctor. Could the Botox injections have caused this reaction? Why would the alloantibodies have waited until now to show up?
Hello
No
Botox should not have caused this.
As I said, unless you were exposed to red cells in some way, then the blood bank has made an error.
you are not going to get to the bottom of this unless you run your own samples with your doctor.
good luck again
Thank you, ***** ***** have bothered you this last time. Since you are indicating that I go to my private physician, I wished that I would have called him at the beginning. Thanks!
What I am indicating is that you have your doctor run the allo anti-body test to see if there is an error.
I have also answered the question a few times here, but was trying to help you resolve the mystery.
Obviously, we do not order blood tests here.
good luck

I understand that you do not order blood tests there. This is the first time using the Just Answer Medical, but I do understand that you are not allowed to write an order for a blood test nor would I have expected you to. I work at a hospital and I take universal precaution when working with my patients. I will contact my private physician and get his professional opinion. I was worried when I received the letter, but I certainly apologize for asking so many questions in order that you "answered the question a few times here, but was trying to help resolve the mystery". Thanks again
Never too many questions.
Come back as needed for any question...the more variety the better as far as I am concerned.
good luck
DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician
DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician