Medical

Have Medical Questions? Ask a Doctor Online!

Ask a Doctor,

Medical

I am tired all the time, no energy, and my body just aches.

Customer Question
My doctor tried to tell...
I am tired all the time, no energy, and my body just aches. My doctor tried to tell me i needed to lose the rest of my baby weight b/c i was 15lbs over weight, i did and it didn't help. Then she put me on Iron supplements and they haven't helped. She keeps saying it is my weight and iron. But i am on 133lbs and I take a prenatal vitamin and I take 5 iron tablets a day and a single tablet is suppose to be 333% daily vitamin. This has been going on for a year now. What is wrong?
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Medical
8/18/2011
Doctor: Dr Chip (M.D.), Doctor replied 6 years ago
What tests have been run to get at a diagnosis?
she has done blood work, hormone checks, and she sent me to a nutrionist. Which was useless since I walked 2miles everyday and I only eat healthy food. No soda or sugar. My son is 10months old and I am back down to my before weigh and skinnier.
Well, tell me which if any of these weren't checked for--thyroid, cortisol levels, autoimmune disorders, vitamin deficiencies, Lyme disease, fibromyalgia, chronic fatigue syndrome, depression.
To the best of my knowledge she has only checked for vitamin deficiencies, blood circulation, thyroid and depression. All of them came back fine besides my iron being a little low.
I guess she didn't consider sleep apnea either?
no, she has never mentioned it. My father has that though. But I sleep fine through the night. I get 8-9hrs and don't wake up any. my son started sleeping through night at 6wks. Plus i take an hr nap when he does in the morning and evening. My body just aches and i have to drag myself. If i bend down for just a sec it takes forever to get my legs back striaght because they go to sleep and i cry some days because my who body feels numb and hurts to move. But i push myself to walk and keep moving hoping it'd help. It hasn't.
Even with what appears to the patient as a full night's sleep without interruption can still be a case of sleep apnea. All I can tell you here is that it doesn't seem you've been workup up for all the possibilities here, so I'd suggest you talk to your doctor about all the causes I mentioned for which you haven't been evalued.
Relist: Incomplete answer.
Sorry but what can I add for you? You should realize that all anyone of us on this site can do is take the information and give you possible causes and how to look for those? Please tell me what disappointed you in my answer.
I would appreciate your responding when you have the time.
Dr Chip (M.D.), Doctor