Dr Brims
Dr Brims, U.S. Licensed Physician
Experience:  MD
14307416

I have a 80 % blockage on the left carotid artery, after a

I have a 80 % blockage on the left carotid artery, after a scan. I was released from the hospital ICU. No surgery scheduled, due to being diabetic, and being on medication too long, and probably being a high risk! I do have other options to look at? Why was my veins blowing when a port was being attached? The saline solution was pooling into my arm, instead of into the vein? 5 different personnel tried and failed! Thank you, Rosemarie
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Brims replied 6 years ago.
Dr B :

Hello, welcome to Justanswer, I will try to assist you with your medical question, and any medical information you seek

Dr B :

Did they consider an endarterectomy?

Customer:

probably not.

Dr B :

The options for 80% stenosis are a carotid endarteractomy, either endovascular or open

Customer:

The risks are too high, also suggesting a life style change, diet and etc. my question was why were my veins blowing?

Dr B :

Your veins were blowing because they are either too fragile, or they were too small for the amount of fluid and the needle they were using, or a combination of both

Dr B :

Are you there?

Customer:

Yes. asked 5 different medical personnel, every one had a different answer. atleast you gave me a partial good answer.

Customer:

Thank you!

Dr B :

You're welcome
Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns on this topic, or need clarification

If not, please click the green ACCEPT button to end this session