How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask DrRussMD Your Own Question
DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 65266
Experience:  Internal Medicine--practice all of internal medicine, all ages, family, health, prevention, complementary medicine, etc.
Type Your Medical Question Here...
DrRussMD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Each day in the afternoon my vision gets blurry. They stay

This answer was rated:

Each day in the afternoon my vision gets blurry. They stay blurry through the night. Sometimes my eye lids feel heavy. It is getting worse over time and it is scarry when I have to drive home from work.
what type of eye doctor have you seen?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Optometric Physican
No ophthalmologist?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
No, but she tested my eyes. You think I should go to an Ophthamologist? They would see something different? I guess I didn't know there was that much of a difference between the two doctors.
there is as the opthalmoogist will be ruling out pathology including more obscure problems such as macular dysfunction and optic nerve deficits, more sophisticated organic analysis.

If nothing shows up, and nothing shows up on a good neuro exam by your doctor, also labs should be checked if not done already to rule out diabetes and thyroid problems.

If nothing turns up then it is an optometric problem.
good luck
Let me know if you have further questions

Please click accept to give answer credit and pay. Come back as needed to clarify 0r let me know how things went. Bonuses and positive feedback are most helpful. Answers are for informational purposes only , not to substitute for a physician, medical advice or physician visit.

DrRussMD and other Medical Specialists are ready to help you