Medical

Have Medical Questions? Ask a Doctor Online!

Ask a Doctor,

Medical

I have lower right back pain that moves around to the front

Customer Question
by my hip bone.i've had...
I have lower right back pain that moves around to the front by my hip bone.i've had it for a month,at first we thought kidney stones but the ultra sound didn't show any.I had a bunch of blood work done,and that looks fine.I don't know what else it could be.When I bend forward it takes my breath away.I made an app. to see the chiropractor tomorrow.Any suggestions
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Medical
7/13/2011
Doctor: Dr. Amir, Doctor replied 6 years ago
Dr. Amir
Dr. Amir, Doctor
Thanks for the question. I would like to have few important details. Any x-ray or MRI lower back done yet? History of numbness or tingling sensations? Any x-ray done to see hip joint?
I have not had any xrays done yet,tomorrow at the chiro I'll get some done.There is no numbness,or tingling.There is dull pain,sometimes a burning sensation.Sometimes it doesn't hurt at all.I feel the pain up to my waist right now,from my hip bone.It feels very deep.
Thanks for the details. There are few important possibilities which should be investigated such as lower disc disease like disc collapse or herniation with nerve compression (lumbar-sacral region). I will also like to rule out hip arthritis. There is a need to have these tests such as MRI lower back, x-ray hip joint, ESR, c-reactive protein. Treatment should be done accordingly. Let me know if you have any further question. Best wishes.

Do accept the answer in this way I will be rewarded for my work and time here for you. Positive feedback and bonuses will be appreciated.

Best of luck and keep in touch
Dr. Amir Javed.
Dr. Amir
Dr. Amir, Doctor
Dr. Amir
Dr. Amir
Dr. Amir, Doctor