Medical

Have Medical Questions? Ask a Doctor Online!

Ask a Doctor,

Medical

My chest feels tight, though not sore, and my heart race has

Customer Question
Hello, My chest feels tight, though...
My chest feels tight, though not sore, and my heart race has not increased. Could you possibly tell me why I feel like this? It has been suggested that it is anxiety, but why does anxiety cause your chest to feel tight, without being painful and with no increase in heart rate?
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Medical
7/7/2011
Doctor: Dr. Abid, Doctor replied 6 years ago
Dr. Abid
Dr. Abid, Doctor
Dr. Abid :

Hi there...

Dr. Abid :

Please tell me how old you are?

Customer:

hello

Customer:

I am 28

Dr. Abid :

Do you have normal sleep and appetite?

Customer:

my sleep is not too bad, though last night it wasn't great

Customer:

my appetite has only decreased recently when my anxiety got worse

Dr. Abid :

Since how long you have feeling of tightness in chest?

Dr. Abid :

Do you also feel shortness of breat?

Customer:

a few hours maybe

Customer:

no

Dr. Abid :

What about your profession and working environment?

Customer:

I am not working at the moment, as I'm not well enough to work, because of my anxiety

Dr. Abid :

Ok thanks for info as you are concerned about your chest tightness and you are anxious regarding that i want to tell you that definetly anxiety can be the reason of chest tightness because anxiety ,stress release hormones in circulation that can present with different symptoms one of which can be tightness of chest ,so i will suggest you be cool and calm and dont worry just try to relax.

Customer:

ok, thank you

Dr. Abid :

Just try to divert your attention and relax in a calm place for a while.

Customer:

so it could still be anxiety, even if my chest is not sore and my heart rate didn't increase, and I didn't have shortness of breath?

Customer:

ok, thank you

Dr. Abid :

Regards,if you found my response helpful please click accept button so that i may get credit.

Dr. Abid :

Thanks...

Customer:

Dr. Abid :

Yes it can be because of anxiety.

Customer:

ok

Customer:

thank you very much Dr Abid

Dr. Abid :

Regards...you are most welcome...

Customer:

bye

Dr. Abid
Dr. Abid, Doctor
Dr. Abid
Dr. Abid
Dr. Abid, Doctor