Dr. Tharun
Dr. Tharun, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS
8708167

I can't put any downard pressure on my left leg without

I can't put any downard pressure on my left leg without severe pain in my shin -
It is too severe for me to walk more than a few feet.
Dr.Tharun :

HI

Dr.Tharun :

Is there any redness or swelling in the shin region? Are you any medications

Dr.Tharun :

Are you more immobile for last 3 days ?

Customer:

No. There is no redness or swelling. I am at home living alone for the past three days. I am unable to move except to my kitchen and toilet with difficulty.

Dr.Tharun :

Is it painful to press the calf region?

Dr.Tharun :

Are you diabetic ?

Customer:

No. There is no pain on pressing it only from standing

Customer:

I am not diabetic.

Dr.Tharun :

One of causes of such pain can be blood clot in the leg veins which can be due to the increased bed rest you have been taking as the blood tends to clot when in same position for long as in bed rests.

Dr.Tharun :

Is there any pain on the right side?

Customer:

I haven't been in bed much - mainly sitting at my computer and watching TV

Customer:

The pain is only in my left leg. The right one is 100 per cent.

Dr.Tharun :

There seems to prolonged periods of immobility - Even sitting in the flights for long time is known to cause blood clots in the legs.

Dr.Tharun :

Since the pain is very severe , it is better to get a doppler scan of the leg and a doctor's opinion to rule out clots in the legs.If it is negative it could be a muscle soreness or referred pain .Also a X ray would help to see for hair line fractures due to old age.

Customer:

Thanks. ***** am not able to walk anywhere this makes it still tricky.

Dr.Tharun :

Yes.I can understand the dilemma.

Customer:

As I feel well with no untoward other symptoms does that mean anything to the blod clot possibility.

Dr.Tharun :

Usually the symptoms are pain in the leg and difficulty walking.There could be swelling and redness .If it advances the clots can travel to lung and cause breathlessness.

Customer:

I think I mentioned in a first note that I am in hip bursitis treatment. I was having the trouble walking to start but the pains in shin are new while the other stuff seems to be improved.

Customer:

My doctor is going to kill me because I can't get out to get an x-ray she ordered me to have done.

Dr.Tharun :

As you said there is severe pain - usually bony problems (like hair line fractures) , muscular soreness and clot problems give such severe pain.Since you don't have redness and fever the chances of infection are less.But better to check it out.

Customer:

I appreciate the information. Is it possible I am getting echo effect from the previous thigh pain.

Dr.Tharun :

IT is a possibility. As I mentioned before about referred pain, Hip joint pain can refer to the knee joint.

Customer:

Thanks. I am on Celebrex that perhaps is doing its work with inflammation bit by bit. I mean that as a question.

Dr.Tharun :

Yes Celebrex is an anti -inflammatory drug .

Customer:

I am also wondering. I have a small boil right on my spine in center. Could that be any part of this? It is not bothering me much.

Dr.Tharun :

If it is superficial and recent , it will be separate condition in itself .

Customer:

Yes it is. Thanks very much for all your advice

Dr.Tharun :

You are welcome