Medical

Have Medical Questions? Ask a Doctor Online!

Ask a Doctor,

Medical

My nose hurts well inside of my nose the bridge hurts and it

hurts so bad that I...
My nose hurts well inside of my nose the bridge hurts and it hurts so bad that I just don't know what to da. Please help me. It isn't my sinuses but my nose, Its been hurting for three months now and I went to the doctor and he looked in my nose to see if it was sinus and he said nose. The bridge hurts so bad.
6/11/2011
Dr. Robert
Dr. Robert, Doctor
Welcome to justanswer and thank you for your question.
Running nose?
Pain in sinuses?
any discharge through nose?
Have you seen any doctor?
headache?
Any other symptoms?
I have a big headache right where the bridge it and pain lots of pain. I have seen a doctor and thought it was sinus related and he said no just allergies.
It can be due to inflammation of the lining of one or more of your sinuses.
It can cause pain and pressure in your face, headache, pain in nasal bridge.
To make a diagnose, you will be requiring X-ray of para nasal sinuses.
Other possibility is of - Allergy. In such case anti- allergic medication medication and nasal sprays are recommended.
Doctor advise for -
Antihistamines - Alavert 10 mg once daily
Decongestants - Sudafed 120 mg once daily
Also take nasal inhalers like ipratropium bromide (Atrovent)
For pain take Motrin 400mg twice a day.
I advise you to make an appointment with ENT doctor, for clinical examination and get appropriate management.
Kind regards
Dr Robert.
:)Please feel free for any follow up query. Please click Green "ACCEPT" button on this page so that I get credit for my work.
Your Positive feedback and BONUS are always welcome.

I do take claritin will that help at all?

you can take Claritin. It will help in resolving the symptoms due to allergic condition.
Kind regards
Dr Robert.
Wil claritin get rid of the headache and the pain?
Well, allergic condition can be the reason for headache, you need to take Painkiller motrin for headache.
It may take few weeks, for symptoms to get completely resolve.
Good luck.
Please click Green "ACCEPT" button on this page so that I get credit for my work.
Dr. Robert
Dr. Robert, Doctor
Dr. Robert
Dr. Robert
Dr. Robert, Doctor