Medical

Have Medical Questions? Ask a Doctor Online!

Ask a Doctor,

Medical

What can I do for skin rash,it is itchy it is on both

Customer Question
legs,there will be a large...
What can I do for skin rash,it is itchy it is on both legs,there will be a large spot then it
will be normal then it starts up again,I've had it for a few weeks,please help
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Medical
6/7/2011
Doctor: Dr. RK, Doctor replied 6 years ago
Dr. RK
Dr. RK, Doctor
Dear customer

how long is rash?
did you consult a doctor yet?
what are the drugs you are taking?
any associated fever, discharge?

On both legs it starts arond my ankles,goes upabout 4inc. then on both legs it starts about 3inc.above my knee but it is real spotty. I have seen a doctor gave a presription

for prednisone 10mg they are not doing any good

dear customer,

The red rash me be due to some common causes like allergy, infection, dermatitis, cellulitis, etc.As per the symptoms the chances of infectious causes should be ruled out first.

The infection of the skin may cause redness and rash in such area and such symptoms.The antibiotic ointments like betadiene, soframycin is helpful in such symptoms.

The other possibility could be the allergy which may also cause such symptoms.The antihistamine drugs like cetrizine, loratadine , avil are useful in such symptoms.The steroid ointment like betasol, clobetasone, etc may be applied locally to ease the symptoms.

Let me know if you have any doubt
.

Thank you
Dr. RK
Dr. RK, Doctor
Dr. RK
Dr. RK
Dr. RK, Doctor