Anthony Bray, MD
Anthony Bray, MD, Doctor
Experience:  14 years experience in the field of Family Practice
13781349

I have recenlty gotten randon black and blue spots on my

Customer Question

i have recenlty gotten randon black and blue spots on my stomach small size of a dime disappear quickly should i be concernec
Submitted: 6 years ago via HealthBoards.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Anthony Bray, MD replied 6 years ago.
Anthony Bray MD :

Hello!

Customer:

hello

Anthony Bray MD :

They sound that there are probably simple bruises. They might occur on the abdomen from leaning into a counter for example. Often minor skin trauma is not something that we feel significant enough to really record it in our memory. I have often seen bruises that seemed mysterious to the patient as to when they occurred.

Customer:

i wasn't sure if they wera a sign of a serious problem that I was not aware of when I searched online about random black and blue marks on the abodomen one site said it was a sugn of leukimema

Anthony Bray MD :

Easy bruising/bleeding can be a sign of leukemia but what you describe does not sound like that level of problem. These are usually very large bruises and multiple and other things such as gum bleeding. In leukemia this can occur as the marrow becomes crowded with too many white cells. The red cells and platelets are then diminished.

Anthony Bray MD :

Sporadic and small bruises such as what you describe do not usually indicate a medical problem such as that...

Customer:

thank you for your response I hate to search the web for answers I assume the worst

Anthony Bray MD :

That is common that people tend to assume the worst in these situations.

Anthony Bray MD :

If you have further questions then let me know and I will be happy to get back with you. If my answer has been helpful and to your satisfaction then please remember to press the "ACCEPT" button. Thank You and Best Regards,

Anthony Bray MD :

Anthony Bray MD