Medical

Have Medical Questions? Ask a Doctor Online!

Ask a Doctor,

Medical

Everytime I move I get a sharp pain in the back of my right

shoulder blade at the socket...
Everytime I move I get a sharp pain in the back of my right shoulder blade at the socket. When still it is a dull ache. I can't move an inch without pain shooting down my arm. Feels a little better when my arm is bent.
Answered in 1 minute by:
5/15/2011
Dr. Amir
Dr. Amir, Doctor
Thanks for the question. I would like to have few important details. Any pain in right shoulder joint with it? Any swelling there? Numbness or tingling sensation in arm or hand?
pain in joint front and back. No tingles or numbness. A tad bit of swelling--unoticable unless you look closely. The sharp pain in directly in back of joint and directly in front of joint. If I plac my left palm on my right shoulder near the edge the middle finger is directley over the pain--sharp--feels like it does when you hyperextend you arm. But I did nothing. It just started hurting really badly--even if I flinch.
Thanks for the details. I would say that there is a strong possibility of shoulder joint arthritis. Also important to rule out any internal joint injury, disc disease (upper back) such as disc herniation or collapse with nerve compression. In either case, I will highly advise to see your physician or visit ER for complete evaluation & test which should include x-ray shoulder joint & upper back. Avoid lifting heavy objects, avoid doing heavy work & make sure to seek medical attention. Let me know if you have any further question. Best wishes.

Do accept the answer in this way I will be rewarded for my work and time here for you. Positive feedback & bonuses will be appreciated.

Best of luck and keep in touch
Dr. Amir Javed.
Dr. Amir
Dr. Amir, Doctor
Dr. Amir
Dr. Amir
Dr. Amir, Doctor