Medical

Have Medical Questions? Ask a Doctor Online!

Ask a Doctor,

Medical

I have had slight numbness in my left arm and hand for about

Customer Question
three days now I was...
I have had slight numbness in my left arm and hand for about three days now I was hoping it would just go away. I do not have any pain anywhere
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Medical
5/14/2011
Doctor: Dr Su S, Doctor(MD) replied 6 years ago
Dr Su S
Dr Su S, Doctor(MD)
Greetings,

Is it persistent or how often does it happen? On which part or side of arm or hand do you feel numbness? How is your blood pressure? Is there any other symptom? Are you on any medication? Is there any other significant past illness?

Regards.
Hi the numbness and tingling is persistent all of the time . I suppose it is more prevalent in my thumb and fingers but can feel it in my wrist, more in the lower part of my arm. my blood pressure is normally low but not had it checked for a few months. No other symptoms no history not on medication currently seeing physio for lower back injury

Thank you for the input.

When the numbness is more in the thumb and wrist area it is most probably due to pinched nerve in the spine or arm. It can be due to carpal tunnel syndrome. Neuropathy can be possible too. In heart attack you may feel numbness in the left arm,but it usually starts in the upper arm and radiate downwards. In pinched nerve application of warmth, tylenol, physiotherapy can help. However an examination by doctor should be taken for investigations and intervention as necessary.

Any query, please feel free to ask.
It will be my privilege to assist you.
Regards.

Thank you, ***** ***** see my doctor as a matter of urgency or can it wait a few days?
I would advise not to wait for a few days. You should consult doctor asap.
Dr Su S
Dr Su S, Doctor(MD)
Dr Su S
Dr Su S
Dr Su S, Doctor(MD)