How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr.David Your Own Question
Dr.David, Doctor
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 7192
Experience:  Internal Medicine Specialist,MBBS
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr.David is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Everything starts to spin around when I lie down and when I

Resolved Question:

Everything starts to spin around when I lie down and when I get up from lying down or even when I roll over in bed. What is wrong with me?
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr.David replied 6 years ago.
Welcome to the just answer website. I need the following information from you, so that I can provide you the best answer:
Since how long you have this symptom of spinning?
What is your blood pressure?
Is there any discharge or pain in ear or sounds in ear?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

BP 130/72

Have had symptoms of spinning, dizziness, vertigo, whatever for about 3 months.

No discharge in ear but a lot have ringing in left ear all the time. But, I've had it for years. I probably do have wax build up but don't have much success in removing it myself. Doctors don't seem to want to do it for you anymore.

Expert:  Dr.David replied 6 years ago.
Thanks for the info given.
Problems in the inner ear are the most frequent cause of dizziness, vertigo & spinning symptoms.It is caused by a disturbance within the balance organs of the inner ear.The inner ear contains 3 semi-circular canals that function like a gyroscope, relaying information about head position and movement to the brain.
When fluid volume or pressure in one inner ear changes,information about balance is altered.This causes sending of wrong messages to the brain about your body's position.This result in vertigo and dizziness.
You also need certain specific tests like an Audiogram, ABR or auditory brain response, acoustic reflex test or tympanogram at an ENT clinic.
You need physical examination by ENT doctor who will prescribe medications and/or antibiotics & will tell some exercises that will help in treating it.So I advice you to make an appointment with your ENT doctor.
Please feel free to ask if you have any other question.
Please click green ACCEPT BUTTON so I can be paid for assisting you. BONUS and Positive Feedback are always greatly appreciated.
Dr.David and 6 other Medical Specialists are ready to help you