How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. RK Your Own Question
Dr. RK
Dr. RK, Doctor
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 2885
Experience:  M.B.B.S. , over 7 years of experience in the field of Medical practice
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. RK is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

For the past few months one nostril has become obstructed and

Resolved Question:

For the past few months one nostril has become obstructed and very dry. It's as if the cartilage shifted and it's resting against the skin, causing an obstruction. I have never experiences this and don't know what to do. It's affected my sense of smell.
Submitted: 6 years ago via HealthBoards.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. RK replied 6 years ago.
dear customer,

did you consult a doctor yet?
is the nasal septum shifted to one side?
any associated difficulty in breathing?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Yes, it's shifted. I haven't consulted a doctor yet
Expert:  Dr. RK replied 6 years ago.
Dear customer,

Thank you for information,

It seems that you are having the deviated nasal septum which causes shifting of the nasal septum to one side.It may cause difficulty in breathing associated with change in sense of smell.

It can be corrected by the surgery known as septoplasty.You may consult an ENT surgeon for the same.The medication may provide temporary relief only.

here is the link for more information

treatment of DNS

Let me know if you have any doubt.

thank you
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
How can my nasal septum just shift out of no where?
Expert:  Dr. RK replied 6 years ago.
Dear customer,

The deviated nasal septum may occur due to trauma, nose injury, colliding with other person etc.In some cases it may be present since birth.

The treatment is the surgical correction in severe cases.

Let me know if you need any more information

thank you
Dr. RK and 4 other Medical Specialists are ready to help you