Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

My husband has a bruise on his leg that won't go away and…

Customer Question
My husband has a bruise...
My husband has a bruise on his leg that won't go away and has been there for almost two months, but it doesn't seem to hurt or bother him? He has ulcerative colitis and is also an anemic. Is anyof this related? Could this be a blood clot?
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: Medical
5/10/2011
Doctor: DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician replied 7 years ago
DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician
Hello
how do you know this is a bruise
has a doctor looked at it?
That's what it appears to be. No we have not been to our PCP. We just keep thinking it would go away, but it hasn't. Now from the research I've done on his condition, I'm wondering if it could be a clot?
It could be a very superficial clot.
More likely it is a cluster of damaged veins.
It could be pigmented skin. [deeper layers]

If no swelling [edema] and if it is not spreading there is no immediate concern.
However, it needs to be diagnosed visually not just by description
good luck
let me know if you have further questions

Please don’t forget to accept: You may Always ask from clarification as needed, even after you Click Accept to give answer credit so I am compensated for time and expertise. Come back if needed. Bonuses and positive feedback most helpful. Answers for informational purposes only, not to replace your physician advice or visit.