Medical

Have Medical Questions? Ask a Doctor Online!

Ask a Doctor,

Medical

Pain in thigh muscle.. Could it be DVT?

Customer Question
Pain in thigh muscle.. Could it be DVT?
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Medical
5/9/2011
Doctor: Jef Burk, Doctor replied 6 years ago
Jef Burk
Jef Burk, Doctor
Jef Burk :

Hi

Jef Burk :

Can you tell me some more about your problem

Jef Burk :

Thanks

Customer: Yes I've had this muscle ache fir about a weeks, it's on the front of the thigh, it comes and goes
Jef Burk :

Any swelling of the thigh?

Jef Burk :

Any trauma?

Customer: None
Jef Burk :

Any risk factors for DVT - immobility , recent surgery , long distance travel, previous DVT?

Customer: None of the above, I've a had a full thrombosis screenin done about two years ago and all was normal
Jef Burk :

Good.

Customer: Does the thrombosis screening tell u alot?
Jef Burk :

DVT is much more common in the calf than the thigh and when it causes symptoms the main one is swelling.

Jef Burk :

You can read the link below about DVT.

Jef Burk :

Worth seeing your own Dr to make an exact diagnosis.

Jef Burk :

The screen is helpful why did yo have it?

Jef Burk
Jef Burk, Doctor
Jef Burk
Jef Burk, Doctor
Hi are u still there?
Could you start a new chat please

Hi

Not sure I can.

Was not able to post your link in chat mode.

I am happy to answer you in this format?

Ok the reason for the screening was because I went to hospital with chest pains and and my d dimer was at about 2500, this was repeated a few times and was still very high.. They were baffled,, I had a CTPA and that was normal, my bloods were sent to other local hospitals and the results from them were normal, approx 250 I think, massive difference to the results my hospital kept getting.. So.. A full screening was done and everything was normal, even recently I went to hospital and the d domer was about 2000.. Weird

Interesting.

I take you had a -ve doppler of your veins also?

I had an echo of my legs in march, all clear, they didn't scan the lower leg.. Is that normal?

Hi

Would usually scan femoral vein , in groin , and popliteal vein behind the knee.

There can be false +ves for d-dimers of course - rheumatoid factor , high lipids etc.

I need to log off for now - almost midnight here - I will check back in with you in the am.

Would seem sensible that you let your own Dr examine your thigh.

Dr Jef

that's where they scanned, ok thanks.. It's midnight here too
Jef Burk
Jef Burk
Jef Burk, Doctor