Medical

Have Medical Questions? Ask a Doctor Online!

Ask a Doctor,

Medical

How can low MCHC affect my body?

Customer Question
Just had a blood test...

Just had a blood test and my mchc was low 30.1 on scale of 32.0-36.0. all other blood measurements were fine.I get very cold even my when house is at 76 It makes me feel sick and my body starts to feel like it is burning in chest and arms. My temperature is around 96.0-97.5 but rises to 98.6 in the afternoon. my c-reactive protein level was .1 on scale of .0-.4. Does low mchc cause this?

Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Medical
Answered in 1 hour by:
5/7/2011
Doctor: Dr. Cameron, Doctor replied 6 years ago
Dr. Cameron
Dr. Cameron, Doctor

Do you have any other medical problems or medications? ( I saw your labs)

I was taking klonopinn for 9 months at .25 or less for anxiety. past month have been trying to get off last night took .25 this morning .25 and half of .25 in afternoon i got very shaky this morning and temp. went to 95.2 took a hot shower and it went up to 98.2 It seems to fluctuate all day long.
Well, I was looking at your information. I would suggest that you see an endocrinologist. For one, you can have normal labs and have clinical (i.e. symptomatic hypothyroidism) and in some cases they may try you on supplementation to see if this helps.
Other causes would include vitamin deficiency, like vitamin b12, but this would be unusual since your mchc is low and not high.
That being said, you may also be not producing enough cortisol or having adrenal fatigue- in this case, you would need a work up by an endocrinologist to know for sure..
warm regards
I dont have diabetes i have thought of that and bought a tester and it all tests normal..just tested my blood sugar and it was 114 what are the other autonomic fuctions that can alter it and what kind of doctor would i see. I have not gotten any virusis or flus in years. I do have a case of follicullitus diagnosed by dermatologist who wanted to give me antibiotics culture came back that it was not bacterial and my c-reactive protein came back .1 on scale of .0-.04 i do feel nauseous . what should my next step be. i have been going through this for months.
Your next step is to see an endocrinologist. There are many other hormones in your body which can be causing your symptoms as I wrote above- thyroid, cortisol for example.
Dr. Cameron
Dr. Cameron, Doctor
i also just recently had a saliva test for hormones it stated that my testosterone level was very high and night and morning cortisol was higher than normal. i had pellets put in in october and they probably put too much testosterone in. dheas was on the lower end also. would this be a problem. what can i do about it if it is and is the klonopin bad for me . i do need something for anxiety do you have many patients on it and is it a problem for them to get off. i will be happy to pay you more for your advice since i know this is a lengthy problem thank you
Like i said, you have a lot of symptoms and you are rather complicated- you need to see the endocrinologist- I am confident that they will help you get on the right track :)
Dr. Cameron
Dr. Cameron
Dr. Cameron, Doctor