Medical

Have Medical Questions? Ask a Doctor Online!

Ask a Doctor,

Medical

My 16 year old daughter accidentally took one tablet of

Customer Question
lisinopril/hctz 20-12.5 mg instead of...
My 16 year old daughter accidentally took one tablet of lisinopril/hctz 20-12.5 mg instead of her levothyroxine sodium 50 mg what should I do
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Medical
5/7/2011
Doctor: Dr Su S, Doctor(MD) replied 6 years ago
Dr Su S
Dr Su S, Doctor(MD)
Greetings,

When did she take? Does she have any symptom? Do you have Blood pressure monitoring device at your home? How is her blood pressure now?
She took it about 10 minutes ago. I do not have a blood pressure monitoring device at my home but can get one from my neighbors house
Doctor: Dr. Gupta, Doctor replied 6 years ago
Dr. Gupta
Dr. Gupta, Doctor
Hello & welcome to Just Answer!
If you have any questions after reading my answer, be sure to let me know.
While I would suggest that you can monitor her BP with the device, generally speaking a single tablet of lisinopril/hctz 20-12.5 would not harm an adolescent.
If she does not have any symptoms, she can just be observed at home for the next few hours, after which time she should be able to resume normal activity.
The only concern would be low blood pressure, that may cause giddiness etc. and hence observation would be advisable,
Regards
We are getting ready to go to bed. as it is 12:30 am here. Is it okay for her to go to sleep since she would not be doing any activities. It has now been over 1/2 hour since she took the pill with no symptoms at all.
She can go to sleep, this would not cause any problems,
Regards
Dr. Gupta
Dr. Gupta
Dr. Gupta, Doctor