Dr  Jones
Dr Jones, Board Certified MD
Experience:  MD-Post graduation.10 years in handling and helping patients.Expert in emergencies and diagnosis.
27521838

Its weird i started feeling this pull on my left side under

its weird i started feeling this pull on my left side under my rib cage now i feel it on my right side under my rib cage as well when im sitting and walking,, also i feel a pull next to my left side next to my urinary bladder? when i sleep i dont feel it at all but i do go to the bathroom regularly and well. im starting to worry i put warm ointments on the area it goes away but it comes back. i feel gassy at times but this weird feeling wont go away. it s not affecting my work or daily functions but the weird pulled muscle feeling is always there god dammit! help me please, it almost feels like a pulled muscle in my mid section but when i breath theres no pain. it almost feels like someone s pocking at me inside,, at times its better and at times its worse,, as i write this my stomach is garggling!
Dr Jones :

Hello.

Dr Jones :

Is it associated with gastric upsets?

Dr Jones :

Any acidity issues?

Dr Jones :

Does this discomfort seem to arise from abdominal wall or within the abdomen itself?

Customer:

i had an extra medications of prevacid cause i had burning so ive been taking them for 3 weeks , the burning has stopped

Customer:

i first felt it under my left rib cage an d then near the left side near my urinary bladder on the left going upwards, i feel it right now sitting down but im not in pain just feels a little uncomfortable

Dr Jones :

Any investigations done for this?

Customer:

i do feel gassyy at times

Customer:

no i havent gone to the doctor

Dr Jones :

Does this discomfort feel to be arising from within the abdomen?

Customer:

it feels like my whole midsection at times has a muscle pull of some sort,

Dr Jones :

Or abdominal wall ?

Dr Jones :

Thats is exterior.

Customer:

wheres the abdomen exactly stupid question

Dr Jones :

Below chest region till groin.

Customer:

i here gargles in stomach area also at times

Customer:

groin is near the leg

Customer:

groin is near the leg?

Dr Jones :

Yes.just begining of thighs and above genitals.

Customer:

no it feels like its in the left side top of rib cage until my belly button and then i get same feeling starting last week on my right side of rib cage

Dr Jones :

Thanks for the details.

Customer:

i dont have any feeling near genitals but its until the left side of where my urinary bladder is located ,, jesus now i have gargles in stomach area, i do also have gas

Dr Jones :

From the details particularly pain below rib cage on left side, stomach gargling,crampy muscle pull like pain for long time the most possible diagnosis which I can think of is gastritis or gastric ulcer.

Customer:

im only doing this cause i have removed a kidney 10 years ago because of a stupid parasite i had and im worried anytime i get something in my mid section

Dr Jones :

I mentioned genital region to explain extent of abdomen.

Customer:

lol

Customer:

but wouldnt the prevacid help then eliminate this sensation im having

Customer:

should i continue medication

Dr Jones :

No.Thats symptomatic treatment.So it may just relive symptoms or I guess it has relieved only acute symptoms.

Dr Jones :

May suggest you to see doctor as this has continued for so long.

Customer:

my family history shows stomach problems

Dr Jones :

Few things are needed to be evaluated before treatment is started.

Customer:

do you think he will offer me something stronger for medication?

Dr Jones :

Doctor may suggest few investigation before treatment. like ultrasound and endoscopy.

Dr Jones :

And yes doctor will suggest for effective treatment.

Customer:

but why this sensation like muscles pulling?

Dr Jones :

Stomach cramping might be giving you that feeling.

Customer:

im scared of ultrasound i feel like maybe hell find a tumour or something of that nature

Customer:

but my stomach doesnt feel pain ,, its weird

Dr Jones :

With those symptoms tumor seems not likely so don't worry.

Customer:

what would symptoms be if so

Dr Jones :

Weight loss, fatigue, enlarged nodes, bleeding through vomiting or stools and severe pain etc.

Customer:

well im gonna finish the 7 pills i have left with prevacid and eliminate all acidic drinks and food and if it persists i will go see local clinic doctor

Dr Jones :

Yes.That can be good approach.But keep a close watch on your symptoms.

Dr Jones :

Please ask if there are doubts.

Customer:

when i sleep i dont have the pain at alll i sleep great, when i awake i get the feeling slowly slowly as the day progresses

Customer:

how do i come back and ask questions

Customer:

Dr jones thanks,, so when should i go see my doctor cause waiting in line here at a clinic is as long as 5-6 hours sometimes,, Medicare sucks in Canada

Dr Jones :

Had it being muscle pull it would been more of continuous pain.And it won't last so long.As you get up for sleep the acid secretion starts in stomach the stomach mucosa gets exposed to it.May this can be explanation to slowly building up pain.

Dr Jones :

You can always login back to site and ask for me ask more question.

Dr Jones :

Yes.Medical care is surely time taking.

Dr Jones :

Please ask if there are any doubts.

Customer:

its starting to make sense,, i get gassy, and i start burping alot at times,, i hate endonoscopy,, i ve had problems with this before and prevacid got rid of it but years of smoking has destroyed me thanks

Customer:

i never had endonoscopy or ultrasound last time i had ultrasound i went in for immediate removal of kidney. well ill see how feelings are of symptoms cut down the smoking and maybe itll get better

Dr Jones :

Smoking is surely one of the predisposing factor so avoid it or restrict it.If you found my answers helpful please ACCEPT them so that I get credit for my time.A positive feedback would be great.

Customer:

where do u live

Dr Jones :

You're welcome.Thank you.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
ive been also getting this watery saliva during the day its weird but the color isnt diffenent normal saliva it just feels like im salivating way too much during different time of the day its weird then after eating it stops
Salivation can be associated with gastritis.Again with burping excessively can be associated with gastro-esophageal reflux this can also be reason for excess salivation.