DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Internal Medicine--practice all of internal medicine, all ages, family, health, prevention, complementary medicine, etc.
24257177

My Neutrophils Relative High 88%--Absolute High 19.8 My

My Neutrophils Relative High 88%--Absolute High 19.8
My Lymphocytes is Relative Low 6%
Monocytes Absolute High 1.3
My WBC is High 22.5, Red Cell Count is Low 3.57 (Has been low for some time now.)
Hemoglobin is Low at 11.8
CO2 Low 21, Uric Acid Low 1.6, Albumin Low 3.4 & LD High at 214
Is there any concerns?
Category: Medical
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 6 years ago.
Hello
Any recent infection, are you just post op, etc?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I just had antibotics for bronchitis, but just plain feel lousy. Have been doctoring for 3 major spinal issues, and have had some recent Steroid injections to the cervical and lumbar area. But the lab results look to be in question.
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 6 years ago.
OK
and how long has the white count been elevated that you know of
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I don't know, but in checking it just looks like it is within a few weeks.
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 6 years ago.
OK
any other medications you are on
and when were the steroid injections?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

I had one in the cervical on the 6th of April, and one in the lumbar area on the 13th.

Medications:Aspirin 81 mg 1 per day, Metoprolol 50 MG 1AM,1PM, Lisinopril 5 mg 1AM,1PM, Levothyroxin 25 mcg 1 AM, Fexofenadine 180MG 1 AM (Am going to discontinue as of tomorrow.) Restasis 0/05% aAM1PM,. Pilocarpine 5 mg 1 3 times a day (Am going to discontinue as of tomorrow),

Priolsec 10mg 1 AM, Nitrostat 0.4MG ONLY IF NEEDED

Expert:  DrRussMD replied 6 years ago.
Were the cortisone injections before the high white count?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
The blood test was 4/14, but the shots were on the 6th and the 13th.
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 6 years ago.
OK
Sight anemia and a neutrophilia with high white count.
This looks like significant infection, hidden infection, allergy, toxic reaction, drug reaction. fungal infection...
Steroids will raise white count like this especially high dose intravenous but this does not fit in your case.
Have you reported this to your docs?
What did they say
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I just sent the info to my Doctor and asked her if she thought I should make an appointment?
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 6 years ago.
you should
You don't feel well
You could have infection not expressing itself as high fever...bladder and urinary track would be a common culprit.
If your doctor can not get you in today I would suggest the ER for urinalysis at least

Good luck
let me know if you have further questions

You may Always ask from clarification as needed, even after you Click Accept to give answer credit so I am compensated for time and expertise. Come back if needed. Bonuses and positive feedback most helpful. Answers for informational purposes only, not to replace your physician advice or visit.