Medical

Have Medical Questions? Ask a Doctor Online!

Ask a Doctor,

Medical

How can i get the drug pcp out of my system

Customer Question
how can i get the drug pcp out of my system
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Medical
4/14/2011
Doctor: DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician replied 6 years ago
DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician
Hello
This is going to stay in the urine for 3 to 7 days from one use
Up to 30 days for chronic use
up to 90 days for hair analysis
1 to 3 days in the blood.

There is not way to speed up these time frames.
let me know if you have more questions

is there a way to remove it for a drug test, like flushing
No unfortunately there is no.
That will more or less simply dilute the urine.
Good luck again

DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician
can a lab tell if you took quick flush
They can tell if the urine is dilute and might wait for a more concentrated sample.
But otherwise not they would not be testing for that
good luck again

Relist: Other.
did'nt find out something i already knew
Doctor: Family Physician, Doctor replied 6 years ago
What additional information are you looking for?
i want to know if there is a way to get pcp out of your system? there has to be a way to get it out faster then 30 days
What type of drug testing are you having (saliva, urine, hair)?

How often and how much did you use PCP?
i am having a urine test on monday i smoked two blunts on tuesday
Is this the only time that you used PCP?
i used about a month ago and i use to use on a regular about 6 months ago
The detection period for PCP is somewhat variable; with some sources listing a 5 day detection period, while others reporting 8 days for single/occasional use.

Since you are near the upper limit of detection, you may pass the test.

As for what you can do to hasten the elimination, there is really nothing you can do. In overdoses, some toxicologists have suggested medications to acidify the urine, HOWEVER this is generally not recommended because of the risks associated with this treatment approach AND the simple fact that it only increases the excretion of the drug by about 1%.

TIme really is the ONLY way to clear this from the body.
a friend told me she used a quick flush and passed her drug test. she took an instant test and her line for pcp came up light but it still was considered a negative test.if i was to use a quick flush and my urine got sent to a lab would they be able to tell that i used a quick flush? another person told me to take niacinand this would help me pass the test is thie reliable
There is absolutely NO scientific evidence supporting any benefit from these "flushes" or similar products. Don't waste your money.

You should also be aware that some of these products can cause you serious harm AND they can also cause your urine to be reported as "adulterated" (tampered) - which is treated the same as a positive.
one more question so your saying that taking a quick flush could come back as "adulterated" urine even if it is a dietary drink i thought quick flushes were all natural products. so a lab will be able to tell if i took a quick flush even if my urine doesnt look diluted
Since these products are sold to "cheat" on drug tests, they are generally sold by less than reputable manufacturers. Just because something is "natural" does not mean that it is safe (or effective).

The definition of a dilute urine has NOTHING to do with color; it is based on the urine specific gravity and urine creatinine level.
DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician