How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr Uzair Your Own Question
Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 7956
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr Uzair is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Dry cough, itchy eyes watery eyes, and aches and pains all

Resolved Question:

dry cough, itchy eyes watery eyes, and aches and pains all over. Cough and eyes for three months and the bodya ches more recently. Allergies? Live in calgary alberta canada
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 6 years ago.
Hi. Welcome to JustAnswer. I shall try my best to assist you while you are corresponding with me.

These symptoms are typical of an allergy. More specifically allergic rhinitis or allergic rhinosinusitis.
The muscle aches and pains can be a component of an allergic attack.
The nasal spray can help with the congestion of the nose but does not help alleviating the symptoms of allergy altogether, moreover the nasal spray can not be used for a long period of time since this can cause dependence.
You need to use an anti allergic medication for this.
Cetrizine (OTC) twice daily is a good anti allergic.
You can use Xylometazoline nasal spray 2 puffs when required not more then 4 times a day and for 5 days at a stretch as well.
Steam inhalations five to six times a day, for the cough and the sore throat.
Lozenges with anesthetic properties are available at the pharmacies and can be used when required to soothe the throat and relief the pain.
You should also use an anti inflammatory medication like Ibuprofen (Motrin, Advil or Brufen) 800 mg thrice daily for the aches and pains.
Try to identify the trigger of the allergy, it can be food, clothes, dust, chemical etc. Something that irritates your body in your environment.
You can contact an Immunologist or an Allergist available to you in the nearest hospital for steroid therapy or further anti allergic remedies which are prescription only, if the anti allergic mentioned above does not work.
Hope this helps.
Please click ACCEPT to credit this assist.
A bonus and a positive feedback will be appreciated.

Dr Uzair and 2 other Medical Specialists are ready to help you