Ken
Ken, Postgraduate doctor
Experience:  Working as a Doctor who Cares since 2001.
25541092

The inner section of my right arm is very sensitive to the

The inner section of my right arm is very sensitive to the touch. I woke up with it this morning.I do not see a red streak but it is sore and sensitive to even the lightest touch. I don't feel a knot.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Ken replied 6 years ago.
I can understand your anxiety.
We need to consider few causes. The most likely cause is irritation of the nerve concerned {at the spine level or at its course}. The spine consists of vertebrae and intervertbral discs { soft tissue cushion if I may say }. The cord or bunch of nerves in simple word passes through the spinal canal { formed by vertebral body in front and ring like posterior part around }. Any bone spur of displacement or bulge of the disc cause pressure over the cord which results in symptoms like pain / numbness / tingling/ increased sensitivity due to nerve irritation. The nerves leave the spinal canal through small rounded openings laterally. Pinching of these nerve roots can occur at this level too. Other abnormalities at spine also need to be considered. Causes like diabetes/ alcohol may also present with similar symptoms.
A physical evaluation along with few investigations like blood tests/ MRI cervical spine/ nerve conduction study will give us the diagnosis.
Please do not worry, you will be fine soon. God bless
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Are you saying that the symptoms in the inner part of my arm is caused by the nerves in my spine? It sensation doesn't start at my shoulder or wrist, just in between. I don't drink and hopefully I don't have diabetes.

I am a flight attendant and was concerned and hoping that it wasn't blood clot.

And God bless you too!

Expert:  Ken replied 6 years ago.
Yes my first bet will be the nerve roots exiting from the spine. A nerve root supplies a dermatome or part of the body {inner aspect of arm in your case}. So it does not have to reach till shoulder or wrist. Blood clot will present with associated swelling and may be redness. It is less likely a blood clot.
God speed