How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. P. Jyoti Your Own Question
Dr. P. Jyoti
Dr. P. Jyoti, Consultant MD
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 9126
Experience:  17 yrs experience in treating OPD & Emergency patients.
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. P. Jyoti is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

If my WBC esterase was reported as "trace" and then

This answer was rated:

If my WBC esterase was reported as "trace" and then "abnormal" as well as my WBC as "abnormal.." what could that mean. I have hashimotos, and in the same test had an 8.5 tsh (though the test a month before that I was 1.3)<br/>MY GLUCOSE SERUM - was "HIGH" at 101<br/>my HEMOGLOBIN A1C - 5.7 and "HIGH" <br/>Tests taken as part of blood and urnine analysis....

These tests indicate that you have a Urinary Tract Infection.

WBC esterase is a urine test which is used to detect the presence of leukocytes in urine which indicate UTI.

The high serum glucose and high A1C indicate that you are having diabetes - just the initial phase.

Usually such initial diabetes can be treated with diet control, but you may also need medicines for this.

The diabetes has predisposed you to UTI.

You now need to consult a doctor for this. You can consult a Primary Care Physician or a Family Physician.

You need to see a doctor ASAP because you need to be treated for these two conditions - UTI and Diabetes. You should discuss about them with your doctor.

Till you get to the doctor, you should take plenty of fluids for the UTI. You must also reduce your sugar consumption and also consumption of other carbohydrates for the diabetes.

I hope my answer has helped you. Please click on the green 'accept' button below for accepting this answer. Feedback/Bonus will be appreciated.
Dr. P. Jyoti and 2 other Medical Specialists are ready to help you