How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr .Saha Your Own Question
Dr .Saha
Dr .Saha, Doctor(MD)
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 17828
Experience:  35 years experience as doctor
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr .Saha is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a bulge above my bellybutton and below my ribcage. I

Resolved Question:

I have a bulge above my bellybutton and below my ribcage. I am about 30 pounds overwieght, however this does not account for this abnormal lump. What is wrong with me?
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr .Saha replied 6 years ago.

How long and how frequently are you having the symptoms?

What is the size, color, consistency of the bulge?

Do you have any pain?

Does it increase in size?

Is it movable?

Does it disappear while lying down?

Did you have any test?

Do you have any other symptom or previous illness?

Thank you.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

The bulge has been been consistant in size for months. No variation in color. Mostly it feels somwhat firm, but at times just a bit softer. It is slightly smaller in the morning after I have been lying flat all night. Occasional heartburn, but not unusual. I have not had any symptom, test, or previous illness.

Expert:  Dr .Saha replied 6 years ago.

Thank you for the information,

This can be due to a few possibilities.

This can be due to a hernia of the abdominal wall.

There can be divarication of rectus muscle also.

Hernia gets less prominent on laying down.

So it can become smaller in the morning.

Other possibilities are an enlarged organ like liver, spleen, pancreas or growth of stomach or intestines.

I feel you should get an examination by doctor.

Doctor can then ask for tests like ultrasound / scan as he feels appropriate.

I hope this information helps.

I will be happy to assist, if you need any clarification.

Please feel free for any follow up query.

Best wishes.
Dr .Saha and 4 other Medical Specialists are ready to help you