How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Robert Your Own Question
Dr. Robert
Dr. Robert, Doctor
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 6680
Experience:  M.B.B.S, Experienced Family Physician
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. Robert is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

What could be causing right side chest pain that radiates

Resolved Question:

What could be causing right side chest pain that radiates around rib cage to same area in the back, right side?
I have 3 stents, but my blood pressure is great... 117/79.
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Robert replied 6 years ago.
Welcome to justanswer and thank you for your question.
Do you have nausea? Are you overweight?
Is the pain severe or a light pain?
Any change in bowel movements?
Since how many days you have such symptoms?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

I have been a bit queasy lately and I am overweight. I am a type 2 diabetic and while I had lost 45 lbs. when off the insulin, my HBA1c climbed and the doctor put me back on it recently and I have gained almost half the weight back. I also have gall stones but was told we could "let them go" as long as they were not causing me problems. I have not noticed a change in bowel movements. Have had these symptoms before, but less severe and shorter lived. Pain this time is a bit more severe and started about 5 days ago. Controlled by over the counter pain meds but I don't like to take them all the time. Was to my family doctor last Tuesday....before the pain started!!

Expert:  Dr. Robert replied 6 years ago.
Well, this can be due to Gall bladder inflammation or stone or Renal calculi. The gall bladder inflammation due to stone has caused the pain. You need Ultrasound of abdomen, Complete blood count , Physical examination. You need to be seen by doctor immediately for diagnosis and evaluation.
Take painkiller Motrin and take light meals, and plenty of fluids. You should see your doctor and get appropriate management.
Kind Regards
Dr Robert.
:)Please feel free for any follow up query.
Please click Green"ACCEPT" button on this page so that I get credit for my work. Your Positive feedback and BONUS is always welcome.
Dr. Robert and 3 other Medical Specialists are ready to help you