Medical

Have Medical Questions? Ask a Doctor Online!

Ask a Doctor,

Medical

I have a low grade fever (99) my normal temp. Is 97 .7. It

hurts to breathe and I...
I have a low grade fever (99) my normal temp. Is 97 .7. It hurts to breathe and I have a dry nonproductive cough. I went to an urgent care This past Sunday and the m.d. Thoought that I might have bronchitis and on my way to pseneumona. He gave me zithromax and cough sunup with codeine. I do no have a head cold. I work with dogs as my career.
2/24/2011
Dr. Haroon Iqbal
Dr. Haroon Iqbal :

Hello and welcome to justanswer!

Dr. Haroon Iqbal :

Do you have some shivering too?

Dr. Haroon Iqbal :

Postnasal drip ?

Dr. Haroon Iqbal :

Difficulty breathing ?

Dr. Haroon Iqbal :

Allergies?

Customer: Yes, chills and body aches my neck hurts a lot.not difficulty breathing it is uncomfortable to breathe and tickles and then I cough.I really do not have allergies. No post nasal drip that I am aware of. I do have a congested nose.
Dr. Haroon Iqbal :

Ok , but you must keep in mind one thing that a spell of cold is NOT necessary to be followed by acute bronchitis.Since you have most of the symptoms of acute bronchitis you must do following things.1.Use maximum water to avoid dehydration2.Use steam to humidify air to be inhaled. 3. Use steroids like prednisone for reduction of inflammation and 4.Use cough syrups like mucinex, and Halls containing dextromethorphan .

Dr. Haroon Iqbal :

Are you there?

Dr. Haroon Iqbal
Should I see my family Doctor? What could cause the bronchitis? I am a non smoker and athletic.
Well it would be better if you could see your doctor for perfect evaluation.I think it could be due to infection of your lower respiratory tract casing inflammation and it is not necessary to have upper respiratory tract infection together with that.I think you must take a broad spectrum antibiotic too like Cipro in consultation with your doctor in combination with a good antihistamine and anti inflammatory like Advil.God bless.
Dr. Haroon Iqbal
Thank you and God Bless you.
God bless you too.Best regards.
Dr. Haroon Iqbal
Dr. Haroon Iqbal
Dr. Haroon Iqbal, Doctor