Medical

Have Medical Questions? Ask a Doctor Online!

Ask a Doctor,

Medical

Can Lexapro and Ativan be combined with Vistaril?

Customer Question
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Medical
2/21/2011
Doctor: Dr.Anil, Doctor replied 6 years ago
Dr.Anil
Dr.Anil, Doctor
Welcome to justanswer.com and thanks for your question.
Well there is moderate drug interaction between Vistaril and Lexapro .
So it is advised to avoid taking both medications together .
I suggest you to consult your doctor for further management .
I take 10mg a day of Lexapro but the Vistaril is 25mg and is needed to treat dermatitis. One was given by a dermatologist and other family physician and I wasnt sure if they should be combined
Well you should not taken them together at same time .
You should take one medication in morning and one at evening .

I hope this helps
Is that okay with the Ativan too?
Ya you can take Vistaril with Ativan .
Dr.Anil
Dr.Anil, Doctor

will the 25mg make me very sleepy?

Well drowsiness is listed side effect of Vistaril .
Although most people do not experience side effects while taking Vistaril.
If you feel any associated symptoms then your doctor may advise Claritin (loratadine) which is less drowsy .
Dr.Anil
Dr.Anil
Dr.Anil, Doctor