How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr.Anil Your Own Question
Dr.Anil, Doctor
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 9403
Experience:  M.B.B.S.M.D with over 30 years of experience in this medical field.
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr.Anil is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am a 73 year old male and after sex with my wife have been

Resolved Question:

I am a 73 year old male and after sex with my wife have been experincing frequent urination all night. Is this a common thing for older men and is ther anything I can do for it?
I do not have a prostrate that is to large and am not experincing any other problems.
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr.Anil replied 6 years ago.
Welcome to and thanks for your question.
Any associated burning sensation and pain during urination ?
Associated pain abdomen ?
Since how long have you been suffering from ?
Any other medical history ?
Are you taking any medications ?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

No pain during urination just waking up to urinate about every hourfor 5 or 6 hours after sex.

No abdominal or pain during urination. This has been going on for about a year and we normally only have sex about once a month. No other medical issues.

I do take generic zocor for high cholesterol which is totally under control and have been on it for 3 years now. No ther medications..

Expert:  Dr.Anil replied 6 years ago.
Do you have any medical history of diabetes?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
No, I have no record or history of diabetes. My latest tests show no problems at all..
Expert:  Dr.Anil replied 6 years ago.
Thanks for providing more information .
Well as you describe you need to undergo Urinalysis to rule out Urinary tract infection .
Apart from this , other possible cause may include Overactive bladder.
It is advised to consult your doctor for a clinical examination for further evaluation and management .
I hope this helps.
Dr.Anil and 2 other Medical Specialists are ready to help you