Medical

Have Medical Questions? Ask a Doctor Online!

Ask a Doctor,

Medical

I HAVE RSD AND NOW I HAVE PHLEM IN MY STOOL ABOUT 1/5 OF MY

STOOL IS PHLEM . WHAT...
I HAVE RSD AND NOW I HAVE PHLEM IN MY STOOL ABOUT 1/5 OF MY STOOL IS PHLEM . WHAT CAUSES THAT TO HAPPEN ?
2/10/2011
Dr PG (M.D.)
Dr PG (M.D.), Doctor
Dr PG (M.D.) :

hi

Dr PG (M.D.) :

welcome to just answer

Dr PG (M.D.) :

are you present online?

I NEVER RECEIVED AN ANSWER TO MY QUESTION

There are various causes for mucus in stools. The possibilities are -

- an intestinal infection

- food allergies and sensitivity to particular food

- rare causes are diseases of digestive system like ulcerative colitis, celiac disease, crohn's disease etc.

To diagnose the digestive problems you need to consult a gastroenterologist for a detailed evaluation and if need be investigations. But most cases of mucus in stools improve by increasing fluid intake and food demulcents containing slippery elm and marshmallow.

Regards

Dr PG (M.D.)
Dr PG (M.D.), Doctor
Dr PG (M.D.)
Dr PG (M.D.)
Dr PG (M.D.), Doctor