Medical

Have Medical Questions? Ask a Doctor Online!

Ask a Doctor,

Medical

I was diagnosed with a concussion and spinal arthritis abt

Customer Question
2.5 weeks ago. Now my...
I was diagnosed with a concussion and spinal arthritis abt 2.5 weeks ago. Now my vision is blurry, I have stuff oozing from my eyes, and moments where I can't remember what I was doing. What should I do?
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Medical
2/8/2011
Doctor: Dr PG (M.D.), Doctor replied 6 years ago
Dr PG (M.D.)
Dr PG (M.D.), Doctor
Dr PG (M.D.) :

hi

Dr PG (M.D.) :

welcome to just answer

Dr PG (M.D.) :

are you present online?

Customer:

Yes

Dr PG (M.D.) :

can you give me some more information regarding your question?

Customer:

yes

Dr PG (M.D.) :

was your vision blurry after the concussion?

Customer:

Yes

Dr PG (M.D.) :

why did you have the coccusiion- accident?

Customer:

I fell and hit my forehead I was unconscious for 3 seconds and had a normal CT scan with in 24 hours.

Dr PG (M.D.) :

ok

Dr PG (M.D.) :

is the blurring of vision worsening since the last 2 weeks after concussion

Customer:

I have moments when I don't remember how I got where I got... ie. bedroom to garage. Yes vision is worse.

Dr PG (M.D.) :

ok

Dr PG (M.D.) :

any other worsening of symptoms like headache, subsequent dizziness or loss of tenaciousness?

Dr PG (M.D.) :

consciousness?

Customer:

My head hurts very badly. I am not sure abt. the consciousness.

Dr PG (M.D.) :

are you having any other symptoms like discharge, redness of eyes etc?

Customer:

I know that I sometimes don't remember going to sleep and wake up in weird places. My eyes are red/pink and have white/yellowish stuff discharging form them. They are very puffy. I cough a lot too.

Dr PG (M.D.) :

thanks for the information

Dr PG (M.D.) :

since your CT scan was normal after the injury, it rules out any serious problem like bleeding etc in the brain

Dr PG (M.D.) :

the symptoms of concussion like headache, vision blurriness, disorientation etc will take time to recover

Customer:

I am glad.. what is going on then? I am very concerned. I am worried I will not recover.

Dr PG (M.D.) :

as far as redness and discharge are concerned with puffiness of eyes, you might have developed an eye infection or conjunctivitis

Customer:

I have a strange question...

Customer:

If I hit my forehead, could I get an infection in sinuses that could spread to my eyes?

Dr PG (M.D.) :

an injury would not cause sinusitis

Dr PG (M.D.) :

but can cause some bleeding in sinuses

Dr PG (M.D.) :

for the eyes, you need antibiotic eye drops after consulting your ophthalmologist

Dr PG (M.D.) :

but in the meantime you can use lubricating eye drops like refresh tears/optive etc for temporary relief

Customer:

If I was bleeding in sinuses how would I know.... I had upset stomach but no blood from my nose.

Customer:

Thank you, ***** ***** bought lubricating eye drops.. Now I will. My regular doctor will not see me until Friday and I am in so much pain.

Dr PG (M.D.) :

glad to be of help

Dr PG (M.D.) :

hope you get well soon

Customer:

TY... I wish there was a real answer.... Your expertize was dhelpful.

Dr PG (M.D.) :

you are welcome

Customer:

Are you sure there is nothing to be done except wait?

Customer:

The pain is very bad.

Dr PG (M.D.) :

is the pain more of headache or in the eyes?

Customer:

Headache... and the spine.

Customer:

Ears too and upper jaw

Dr PG (M.D.) :

what pain killers are you on?

Customer:

Tylenol only now. I was on Hydrocodone 5/500 2 times a day until 2 days ago.

Dr PG (M.D.) :

tylenol would help in minor pains

Dr PG (M.D.) :

hydrocodone was a good painkiller for post concussion pains

Dr PG (M.D.) :

you can try taking ibuprofen

Dr PG (M.D.) :

alomg with tylenol

Customer:

I wish I could get help for this... It feels like my spine is loose and all the muscles are strained. My head is terrible... the pain. I will try Tylenol and Advil thanks.

Dr PG (M.D.) :

you are welcome

Customer:

My concern is there may be something more serious. Is that possible? I hope I am not losing my mind.

Dr PG (M.D.) :

since there are no further episodes of loss of conciousness, vomiting etc, there should not be anything serious

Customer:

Are you sure?

Dr PG (M.D.) :

but given your symptoms you do need a complete neurological examination when you visit your doctor

Dr PG (M.D.) :

since i am not able to examine you first hand and can rely only on your description of symptoms given, I cannot be 100% sure

Dr PG (M.D.) :

concussion can take time to recover in some patients

Customer:

I will get that, thanks. I am now going to hit accept. Please have a good day and pray for my recovery. I am not sure I will. I have never had this much pain and other confusing symptoms.

Dr PG (M.D.) :

i sincerely ***** ***** get well soon

Dr PG (M.D.)
Dr PG (M.D.), Doctor
Dr PG (M.D.)
Dr PG (M.D.)
Dr PG (M.D.), Doctor