How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Robert Your Own Question
Dr. Robert
Dr. Robert, Doctor
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 6680
Experience:  M.B.B.S, Experienced Family Physician
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. Robert is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have neck pain on the left side, is possible that my

Resolved Question:

I have neck pain on the left side, is possible that my artery is clogged causing the pain
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Robert replied 6 years ago.
Hello, Welcome to justanswer and thank you for your question.
Since how many days you have pain?
Is the pain continuous?
Is the pain radiating to shoulder or arm?
Numbness in arm?
What is your profession?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

hello, today, no it comes and goes, no, no, professional

Expert:  Dr. Robert replied 6 years ago.
Well, most likely your symptoms are due to-Nerve compression.
It is too early to think about clogged artery .
The symptoms associated with Clogged neck artery are-
Feelings of dizziness, blurred vision and loss of vision in one eye signal the possibility of decreased blood flow to the brain from a clogged neck artery.

This seems to be case of Nerve compression or it can be muscle pull.
It may usually take 2-3 weeks for symptoms to get resolve.

Take Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs such as ibuprofen.

You should Use ice packs to neck region for approximately 20 minutes, and repeat it every two hours. This can be done 3-4 times a day.

Take bed rest, and remain away from lifting any heavy objects.

In case the pain persist after 2 week, please see your doctor.They can advise for- X-ray of cervical spine, If required CT or MRI can be considered.Along with painkiller , your doctor can recommend Physical therapy.

Dr. Robert and 2 other Medical Specialists are ready to help you