How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr Chip (M.D.) Your Own Question
Dr Chip (M.D.)
Dr Chip (M.D.), Doctor
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 31163
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr Chip (M.D.) is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Groin pain at crease between thigh and lower abdomen with developing

Resolved Question:

Groin pain at crease between thigh and lower abdomen with developing round red spots now also occurring on opposite side - ruled out hip problem
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Chip (M.D.) replied 6 years ago.
So what was the diagnosis here for the rash? Is the groin pain in the area of the rash?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Yes the groin pain is in the area of the red round spots and my doctor saw the spots and didn't say anything about them but did give me triamcinolone which i requested. the rash or spots have increased slowly over past 10 days but remain in groin and upper thigh not really in pubic area but higher up
Expert:  Dr Chip (M.D.) replied 6 years ago.
OK--can you exactly describe these spots--flat, raised, crusty, blistering, etc.?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Difficult, but they appear roundish, rose in color more than red, slightly raised, not crusty or blistering nor do they appear to be fluid filled or have associated pus. Occasionally itch but not often, creams did not help.
Expert:  Dr Chip (M.D.) replied 6 years ago.
So, except for the creams above, no antibiotics or other topical prescriptions?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Expert:  Dr Chip (M.D.) replied 6 years ago.
OK--this may be folliculitis--hair shaft infection. It may or may not be MRSA, but it would require oral antibiotics. Another possibility is tinea corporis--a yeast infection, and that would be treated with topical or oral ketoconazole. Finally, considering the painful aspect, this could be shingles for which acyclovir would be helpful.
Dr Chip (M.D.) and 6 other Medical Specialists are ready to help you