Dr Chip (M.D.), Doctor
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

What is the expiration time for Hydroco/APAP 5-500MG and

Customer Question

What is the expiration time for Hydroco/APAP 5-500MG and what is the usual dosage. Also is it possible to switch from Motrin 600MG to the Hydroco/APAP if the Motrin isn't helping at all with the pain.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Chip (M.D.) replied 6 years ago.
Although the standard expiration date on most prescription medications is listed as one year, they may be effective for a little longer than that, and in the case of the hydrocodone, even if it had lost its effectiveness, it wouldn't be dangerous for you to try it. The usual dose is one or two every four to six hours as needed for pain. You can switch from the Motrin to the hydrocodone if you like--no problem there.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Will the hydro or acetaminophen -cod3 be stronger than 800MG of Motrin
Other questions--I noticed you didn't accept my answer?