Dr.Hussey
Dr.Hussey, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS-1(R). Have been with patients of medicine all through my career
39815606

I have severe abdominal pain. It hurts to breathe or burp.

Customer Question

I have severe abdominal pain. It hurts to breathe or burp. I'm constipated and have little appetite. When I eat the pain gets worse. I had nausea two days ago when this began and a little fever, but I have neither now. The abdominal pain is almost unbearable.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr.Hussey replied 6 years ago.
Hello!
Hope I would be of great help to you and will try my best to be upto your expectations .

In which part of the abdomen ,you feel pain?
Are you passing gas normally?
Have you passed any stool in last two days.?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
the pain is in the upper part of my abdomen. I'm not passing gas normally. I barely passed a very small stool this morning.
Expert:  Dr.Hussey replied 6 years ago.
Is the pain on the sides or center of abdomen?
Does it pain when you press the area?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
The pain is in the center of my stomach. I've had my appendix removed. When I press my stomach it feels really tight-not good.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Anybody there?
Expert:  Dr.Hussey replied 6 years ago.
Hello again

Sorry to hear about your problem

Well the rea that you have desribed as having pain contains many important structures like duodenum, pancreas, stomach and liver lobe etc. The pain in this area can be due to
Acute Gastritis
Peptic ulcer
Duodenal ulcer
Liver disease
Acue pancreatitis

You need to undergo certain investigations like
Blood CP
Stool for occult blood
Serm amylase
USG abdomen

A CT scan and MRI of the abdomen may also be required to reach a diagnosis.
This pain alon with nausea and failure to pass flatus and feces makes it a medical emergency.
Your best course would be to visit an ER where a surgeon would be able to examine you and make a diagnosis based on physical findings. You must not eat or drink any thing till a doctors tells you to do so.

This conversation is open till the time you are satisfied. If you have any further questions, feel free to ask. I will be more than happy to help you out.

Best of luck...Take care.

Do click ACCEPT if you find the answer useful for you. In this way I will be rewarded for my work and time here for you. Clicking accept will not cost you anything. Bonus and positive feedback will be highly appreciated.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
What is acute gastritis? I have recently had blood tests. What is serm amylase and USG abdomen?
Expert:  Dr.Hussey replied 6 years ago.
Acute gastritis is inflammation of the stomach lining due to increased acidity or infection.
Serum amylase is raised in Acute Pancreatitis and has to be done to diagnose this disease. Amylase is an enzyme stored in pancrease.
USG abdomen means ultrasound of the abdomen.

Best of luck...Take care.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
The nausea is gone now-I only had it briefly Sunday morning. Is this still an emergency?
Expert:  Dr.Hussey replied 6 years ago.
Till the time pain is there, it will remain an emergency.
You must go to ER for examination by a doctor to rule all the above causes out.

Best of luck...Take care.