Medical

Have Medical Questions? Ask a Doctor Online!

Ask a Doctor,

Medical

I have blood in my stool sometimes, as well as some on the

Customer Question
toilet paper when I wipe...
I have blood in my stool sometimes, as well as some on the toilet paper when I wipe. There is no pain, or nothing else wrong with me. Is this something I should be super concerned about?
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: Medical
1/10/2011
Doctor: Dr.Hussey, Doctor replied 7 years ago
Dr.Hussey
Dr.Hussey, Doctor
Hello!
Hope I would be of great help to you and will try my best to be upto your expectations .

How long has it been going like this?
Is the blood bright red in colour or dark red or blackish?
Can you feel anything coming out of anus like a mass?
Been going on for maybe a year or so

-It is normal color blood, If I had to choose from your options I would say bright red

-I never feel anything coming out of the anus
Hello again

Sorry to hear about your problem

Well this is some thing that you should be concerned about a lot. It can result in anemia which can slowly cause other symptoms like anemia to appear and would cause fatigue, tiredness and other problems.
You should undergo some investigations like
Blood CP
Stool RE

After that you must visit your GP who could refer you to a gastro enterologist or a surgeon depending on examination findings.
To sum it up, it is definitely a cause of concern and you have already not paid enough attention to it for a year. So its time to be alerted.

This conversation is open till the time you are satisfied. If you have any further questions, feel free to ask. I will be more than happy to help you out.

Best of luck...Take care.

Do click ACCEPT if you find the answer useful for you. In this way I will be rewarded for my work and time here for you. Clicking accept will not cost you anything. Bonus and positive feedback will be highly appreciated.
I have read that it could be internal hemmhorids, is this a possibility?
Hello again

Yes it is a possibility. These are painless and may not come out of anus and keep on bleeding. That is the reason that I advised to see a GP who could examine you first and then you can visit a surgeon if there is a surgical cause present.

Best of luck...Take care.

Besides the bleeding, what could this cause if left alone?
It can complicate. The hemorrhoids can get enlarged, They can get painful. They can be infected, they can be thromosed.
It can result in constipation and many more complications.
Also it may not be a hemorrhoid but an internal growth that may result in tumor or carcinoma.
You need to be evaluated at the earliest so that the situation my not get complicated.

Best of luck...Take care.

Dr.Hussey
Dr.Hussey, Doctor
Dr.Hussey
Dr.Hussey
Dr.Hussey, Doctor