DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Internal Medicine--practice all of internal medicine, all ages, family, health, prevention, complementary medicine, etc.
24257177

If baking soda is added to dirty urine sample (meth). Will

Customer Question

If baking soda is added to dirty urine sample (meth). Will it fool the lab results?
Category: Medical
Expert:  911DOC replied 6 years ago.
911DOC :

911DOC :

no, it will not.

911DOC :

only time without using will make the test negative.

Customer:

Doc. Ive beaten the test by ingesting it numerous times. I want to know if it will beat the test by physically putting it in the urine directly.

911DOC :

then why change?

Customer:

I only did it half ass this time. But it wasnt monitored. So I put a pinch in my sample.

Customer:

Ive never done that before....putting a pinch in.

911DOC :

then i guess we will find out pretty soon, eh? also remember, meth is out of your system in a few days and the tests are set to detect it in high concentrations... there is no science behind the baking soda 'cheat'... best to stop using meth, but you already knew that.

Customer:

Plus for obvious reasons would like to completely do away with the drinking method

Customer:

Yes sir I do....

Customer:

You dont know some lab rat you could call?

911DOC :

one of these days your test will be positive... then you are in a fix. you should stop now.

Customer:

Stopped for nine years.....Started getting depressed about the economy and WOOLAH!

911DOC :

call a lab rat about what?

911DOC :

my answer is still the same...

911DOC :

there is no quick flush or cleansing kit or anything you can do to stop the breakdown products of meth from appearing in your urine...

Customer:

About the baking soda question

911DOC :

you have been simply lucky so far....

911DOC :

hang on a second...

Customer:

Im not flushing. Im dilluting directly in the specimin...

911DOC :

you have already submitted your sample, right?

Customer:

oh ya

911DOC :

Drug Test Myths Disspelled

• There are a lot of myths floating around about urine drug tests. Here are some of a few of the most popular urine drug test misconceptions:

Drinking water can help you to flush drugs out of your system: this is a myth. Just about everyone drinks water. If this was the case, anybody could pass a drug test and they would be useless.

Baking soda can help you to pass a urine drug test: this is a myth. Arm and Hammer, the leading manufacturer of baking soda, performs drug screenings on all its potential employees. If baking soda did in fact help people to pass drug tests, Arm and Hammer employees would probably pass with flying colors every time, rendering the exam useless again.

Putting bleach in the specimen cup can help you to pass a drug test: this is a myth. The bleach may cancel out the presence of drugs in the urine specimen, but you will probably test positive for bleach. Most urine test guidelines have severe penalties for cheating, including automatic failure.

Taking aspirin will help you pass your drug test: this is a myth. The aspirin will show up on your drug test, along with whatever recreational drug use you may be trying to cover up.

• Read more: Facts About Urine Drug Testing | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/about_5398187_urine-drug-testing.html#ixzz19qJD25lk

911DOC :

http://www.ehow.com/about_5398187_urine-drug-testing.html

911DOC :

could be that they like you so much where you work that they toss the positive results... could be they simply make a show of drug testing...

911DOC :

but one day you will be positive whether or not you use baking soda...

911DOC :

it doesn't to anything....

911DOC :

you have been lucky so far...

911DOC :

sorry, that's my answer.

Customer:

I read this exact article ten minutes ago. If you notice? ItsYou dont know do ya doc? I dont feel my questioned has been amswered. But I feel you should get something for your efforts. Is there anyway I can give you less?

Customer:

If you click on that link it will take you to a rehab advetisment.

911DOC :

no, i'll opt out... my answer is correct... it's just not what you want to hear.

911DOC :

best to you.

Expert:  DrRussMD replied 6 years ago.
    Hello
    The above answer is correct.
    In a urine test, meth should be detectable for 3 to 5 days, regardless of drinking baking soda.
    Putting baking soda into the sample is probably going to alert the lab to sample tampering if they check the ph, which will be grossly abnormal.

There is not way that you can beat the test other than:
    lab error.
    you have sunk below the threshold level on the test because of time passed.
    Good luck
    et me know if you have further questions
    Please click accept to give answer credit. Ask more if needed, use reply. Bonuses and positive feedback the most helpful. Answers for informational purposes only