How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr.Sawhney Your Own Question
Dr.Sawhney, Doctor
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 7221
Experience:  MBBS,MS
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr.Sawhney is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a slight enlarged, tender gonad on right side. Moving

Customer Question

I have a slight enlarged, tender gonad on right side. Moving around and sitting is somewhat painful. What could cause this. It start 18 hours ago and continues. I am 71 years old
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr.Sawhney replied 6 years ago.

The pain and swelling can be due to following causes
  • Infection.Epididymitis can occur usually because of STD's in younger adults and because of prostatitis in older people.Pain onset is usually gradual.
  • Orchitis is inflammation of testis and can occur due to bacterial or viral infection.
  • A disc prolapse can also cause testicular pain but is usually associated with other symptoms like leg pain etc...and does not cause any swelling in the testis.
But any testicular pain persisting for so long should not be ta***** *****ghtly and should be seen by a doctor.