Medical

Have Medical Questions? Ask a Doctor Online!

Ask a Doctor,

Medical

How does Bystolic stay in your system? I took 5mg of

Customer Question
How long does Bystolic stay...
How long does Bystolic stay in your system? I took 5mg of Bystolic for 6 days.
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: Medical
12/16/2010
Doctor: Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor replied 7 years ago

Greetings.

Bystolic is eliminated from the body in 90 hours, from the last dose.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

Dr. Arun

I went to the ER this Monday for chest pain. EKG, Cat Scan, and Echocardiagram showed heart was okay.

I was switched from 5mg of Bystolic to 2.5 mg of Novasrc on Tuesday because I was dizzy on Bystolic.

Chest pain seems to be getting worse my only symptom. Do you have any suggestions?

Chest pain is a known side effect of the Norvasc. Please see the side effect section of the resource;

http://www.rxlist.com/norvasc-drug.htm

Since cardiac causes are ruled out by your extensive work up; non cardiac causes of chest pain should be considered for your present symptom, apart from Norvasc side effect. Following should be the possibilities;

1) GERD would be prime consideration as it is one of the commonest cause for non cardiac chest pain.

2) Hiatus hernia

3) Esophagitis

4) Costochondritis; it is inflammation at the junctions of rib and cartilage or with the breast bone / sternum. Local analgesic ointment, or spray, chest brace and warm compresses with Ibuprofen is helpful. Another possibility is muscle sprain. Please read about the costochondritis;

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/costochondritis/DS00626

5) Esophageal spasm

Dr. Arun

Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor