Medical

Have Medical Questions? Ask a Doctor Online!

Ask a Doctor,

Medical

What could cause: Constipation, lack of appetite, fatigue,

Customer Question
What could cause: Constipation...
What could cause: Constipation, lack of appetite, fatigue, eczema, nervousness, random extreme acid reflux, mouth sores, anxiousness, mental fog?
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: Medical
12/16/2010
Doctor: Dr.David, Doctor replied 7 years ago
Dr.David
Dr.David, Doctor
Hello
Welcome to the just answer website. I need the following information from you, so that I can provide you the best answer:
From how long you have constipation?
Is there ever blood in stool?
Is there nausea?
In 2009 I was rushed to the hospital because I had a sharp pain in the left side of my stomach. I was also vomiting a bit, and felt a bit nauseated. They did an x-ray and it show some dark spots on the intestines. They said it was due to slow moving digestion, and the food was pressing against my intestines. They gave me movicol. to get things moving through. That was the first time I've ever had any real symptoms. Then the past couple of months I had to go to the hospital one night because I had a random panic attack for no reason. My heart was racing, and nothing could calm me down. Another night I went to the emergency room because I was having strong acid reflux, which I've NEVER had before. I threw up a bit of acid. Keep in mind I naturally eat a very healthy diet with plenty of fruit and vegetables. I do not eat junk, or drink fizzy drinks. I've also had eczema just in front of my ears that flares up. It seems to flare up worse when other symptoms come as well. I went to a Gastroenterologist to look into to getting an upper G.I. and he said I didn't need it....and to learn to deal with the nervousness. I am African...and he said I couldn't have a gluten allergy because I'm African. It didn't make any sense to me. I do not believe it is just genetic. That is old information. An allergy by nature is autoimmune, which can be due to bacteria overgrowth or leaky gut. It was very frustrating cause I feel that most of the doctors want to treat symptoms and do not see the whole body as a unit. Ultimately i seemed to have been feeling much better since eliminating gluten, but there are no facts yet. I feel that if I can get to the root of the chronic constipation problem, everything else will solve itself.
Thanks for the info given. Please stay online, I will post your answer in a couple of minutes.
Okay thank you. By the way there has not been any blood in the stool.

Thanks for the detailed info given.
One of the most common symptoms of gluten intolerance and celiac disease is constipation (along with celiac disease bloating or gluten intolerance bloating). Gluten intolerance is a genetic issue to a very large extent.But other then genetic, there are various other causes that can cause gluten intolerance.All your symptoms have the root cause of gluten intolerance or celiac disease.

Constipation is one of the symptoms of gluten intolerance.Because the symptoms overlap with many other ailments, Gluten intolerance can be missed or misdiagnosed. After just a few weeks on a gluten-free diet symptoms diminish or disappear completely. Another possibility is of celiac disease.While there is no clinical diagnostic test for gluten intolerance, celiac disease can be diagnosed using a simple blood test.Blood tests & collecting a sample of small intestine for testing may be done.

Exact diagnosis can only be made after physical examination..So I advice you to make an appointment with your doctor for tests to know the exact cause & treat accordingly.

Regards-
Dr.David.
Please click green ACCEPT BUTTON so I can be paid for assisting you. BONUS and Positive Feedback are always greatly appreciated.

Dr.David
Dr.David, Doctor
Dr.David
Dr.David
Dr.David, Doctor