How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr .Saha Your Own Question
Dr .Saha
Dr .Saha, Doctor(MD)
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 17826
Experience:  35 years experience as doctor
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr .Saha is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have constant pain on my right side just under my rib

Customer Question

I have constant pain on my right side just under my rib cage. A friend of mine sai this could be gall stones. I researched the symtoms for this but the only symtom I have is the pain just under the rib cage. It said that this pain can come for hours at a time, but I have had this pain for over 2 months, it gets worse with physical activities but the pain only goes away with bed rest. I don't have any of the other symtoms that are mentioned with gall stones. The way I can best describe the pain is the pain you get from doing sit-ups, only its on my right side and its countinuous. My question is even without all the other symtoms, is it possible that I have gall stones?
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr .Saha replied 6 years ago.

How long and how frequently are you having the symptoms?

What aggravates and relieves the pain?

Any relation with food or respiration?

Do you take any medicine?

Did you have any test?

Do you have any other symptom or previous illness?

Thank you.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
My symtoms never go away. Some days they are worse than others depending on my activities for the day. It hurts when I laugh or cough as well. The only thing that eases the pain is bed rest. I have seen several differnt Doctors, but I have no insurance so they will not give me any tests other then a urine test to chech for innfection, which they said I do not have one. I also have a lump on my bikini line that I fount 2 years ago, when I went to get it checked out they said it is a lymph noid. The size of the lump has gotten much larger and it too is very painful. It got larger about 2 months as well and since it grew I have had 3 different doctors look at it and they all agree that it is a lymphnoid. I'm not sure if the pain from side and the lump are somehow connected, but I am not getting answers as to what is causing it and its very frustrating because I am in pain every day.
Expert:  Dr .Saha replied 6 years ago.
Thank you for the information,

The gall bladder pain should have some relation with food.

When the pain increases with activity and decreases with lying down it can be muscular or nerve pain.

When antiinflammatory pain does not help, you may need other group of pain medicine to get control of the pain.

But before taking other groups of pain medicine, you may need some investigations like ultrasonography, chest x-ray to get some clue to your symptoms.

The inguinal lymph node enlargement is a separate issue.

It is not related to it.

It can be due to infection or inflammation in the lower part of the body.

Though you do not have any insurance, when it has become painful and enlarged recently, it also needs evaluation.

You can try again otc antiinflammatory like naproxen, motrin till you go to doctor.

Application of warm can help in muscular pain.

Please feel free for any follow up query.

Best wishes.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

I was already checked for infection and I do not have one, I also took anti biotics when the lump increased and the side pain began but it did'nt help. I am currently taking naproxen which does not do anything for the pain or the swelling of the lump. I do apply a heating pad to the lump and side pain every night, but there hasn't been any changes. Is there any suggetions that you may have that could be causing the side pain, so that I can discuss it with my physision.

Expert:  Dr .Saha replied 6 years ago.
It can be due to chostochondritis, tietz syndrome, pinched nerve.

Further tests can reveal other cause if it is there.
Dr .Saha and 5 other Medical Specialists are ready to help you
Expert:  Dr .Saha replied 6 years ago.
I sent your request for refund.

You can click on this link too.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I had questions concerning a lump on my bikini area and a chronic pain on my right side. I had asked for advise on what I should ask my doctor to run tests for and you responded with an answer, so I accepted the fee of $45.00 with the answere you gave me. I then looked up the answers you gave me and it had nothing to do with the symptoms I am having. The symptoms of the answers you gave me had to do with chest pain which I do not have. So I went back to your sight and requested a refund because it was not the correct answer. When I went back to the sight, asking for the refund I was charged another $45.00. I would like to be refunded for the second $45.00 that was taken from my account for asking for a refund, and I would also like a refund for the first $45.00 taken because I never said I was having chest pain.
Expert:  Dr .Saha replied 6 years ago.
I told you several times in my reply & feed back, have given the links where to contact for refund & I also reported for your refund.

I don't know how you made another deposit, may be you opened a new question.

It was mentioned already that the lump in bikini line & right sided pain are separate issues & the lump issue was added afterwords, it was not present in the first question.

Anyway I will be happy if you take back your money & negative feed back.

Please write to the administration again at this link. for refund.