Medical

Have Medical Questions? Ask a Doctor Online!

Ask a Doctor,

Medical

I have a red, itchy rash under my breasts and stomach, advice!

Customer Question
I have a red, itchy...
I have a red, itchy rash under my breasts and my stomach. I have tried everything I could think of....it will not go away. Perhaps it is fungul in nature? I have tried bacitracin, hydrocortisone cream, balmex and caladryl. Please advise and thanks
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: Medical
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/9/2010
Doctor: Dr Uzair, Doctor replied 7 years ago
Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor

Q. How long have you had this rash for?

Q. Is it in the skin fold between the breast and the abdomen?

Q. Are you on any long term medication?

Q. Does the rash have fluid filled vesicles in it?

Q. Any drainage or discharge?

Q. Any other medical conditions previously diagnosed?

The rash is right under the breast and under the abdomen. No fluid, discharge or pus.

I am not on any prescription medication. Only take calcium with D

Q. How long have you had this for?

Q. Does it appear to have silver margins?

Q. Any pictures?

I've had it about a week and a half, no silver margins and no pictures.

Thanks for the details.

This seems like a fungal rash. Especially because of the area you mentioned. Skin folds, underside of the belly or the breast are usually warm, moist areas that provide a good atmosphere for fungi to grow in.

A lack of silvery appearance, discharge and drainage or pus rules out rash of bacterial and autoimmune etiologies.

Although visual examination is the best evidence to a proper diagnosis but in this case the clinical features are very clear.

I would advise you apply Lamisil cream (anti fungal) thrice daily. Keep the area dry and clean.

Take a warm bath, clean the area with a soft cloth, do not rub or dry it with a rough towel. Dab it dry with a soft cloth.

Try to avoid wearing artificial fibers in linen.

You can apply powder form of lamisil available OTC if there is a problem keeping the area dry with the Lamisil cream.

A swab should also be done ideally before starting the anti fungal cream. The swab will identify the responsible mold and also tell us which anti fungal is best to use.

Hope this helps.

Best.

Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor