Dr.David
Dr.David, Doctor
Experience:  Internal Medicine Specialist,MBBS
6554558

Is it normal to have a freckle on your penis?

Customer Question

Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr.David replied 6 years ago.
Hello
Welcome to the just answer website. I need the following information from you, so that I can provide you the best answer:
From how long you have these spots?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
It is just one spot. Located near a vein on my penis. It's light brown in color. I noticed it yesterday, but I could have just never noticed it before. It's painless and flat to the skin.
Expert:  Dr.David replied 6 years ago.
Thanks for the info given.
The most probable cause of your symptoms is Fordyce spot. It is painless and not itchy, but may cause embarrassment because of their appearance, or a fear that they might be sexually transmitted – which they are not!
Freckles are predominantly found on the face, although they may appear on any skin exposed to the sun. So the symptoms you are having is of fordyce spot & not freckles.
Fordyce spot abnormally dilated blood vessels, covered by thickened skin.It conditions is a self limiting & don't require any treatment & it is not an STD. So there is nothing concern about this. Just keep an eye of observation.Regards-
Dr.David.
Please click green ACCEPT BUTTON so I can be paid for assisting you. BONUS and Positive Feedback are always greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
thank you, ***** ***** should it take to remedy itself?
Expert:  Dr.David replied 6 years ago.
It may take few days to few weeks to get resolve by itself.This condition is a self limiting & don't require any treatment & it is not an STD. So there is nothing concern about this. Just keep an eye of observation.Regards- Dr.David. Please click green ACCEPT BUTTON so I can be paid for assisting you. BONUS and Positive Feedback are always greatly appreciated.