How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. D. Love Your Own Question
Dr. D. Love
Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 18446
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. D. Love is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

i have pain in my right side that hurts when i bend over .it

Resolved Question:

i have pain in my right side that hurts when i bend over .it is like a knife sticking in this area. i have just had a cat scan and it does not show any growths or hernia.. the dr said it might be a (inguin something hernia.. does it make sense that a cat scan of the pelvic area would not show that
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 6 years ago.

A hernia can slide in and out of the anatomic location, particularly when smaller. Therefore, a CT scan may not indicate the hernia if it is not out of position at the time that the scan is done. The findings on physical examination, including trying to reproduce the activity that causes the hernia to pass, is the best way to detect a hernia in this circumstance. A general surgeon would be the appropriate specialist to see for this evaluation.


Customer: replied 6 years ago.
do you think that the obgyn who does surgery will be able to find it
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 6 years ago.

An OBGyn may be able to detect it, but a general surgeon has more experience in evaluating and managing hernias.


Dr. D. Love and 6 other Medical Specialists are ready to help you