How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask IMDR06 Your Own Question
IMDR06, Board Certified Physician
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 2060
Experience:  Internal Medicine Physician and HIV Physician
Type Your Medical Question Here...
IMDR06 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My right arm was twisted behind my back now i have pain in

Resolved Question:

my right arm was twisted behind my back now i have pain in my shoulder ,right arm
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  IMDR06 replied 6 years ago.


i am assuming you are older than 4?

how was your right arm twisted behind your back? and why did the doctor prescribe antibiotics?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Arm was twisted by my brother,I am 49. Told Doctor that had and abseast tooth . So whe they took blood work it showed that I had a high white count. When I describe the pain to Doctor my whole right side of chest was hurting. They took blood work and ekg and xray and an urine sample.t he chest xray was clear the ekg was fine yet they claimed I had pulurasis. They did not help me at all. The pain is just as bad in my right shoulder and arm . It is painful to raise my arm its painful just sitting. The pain just won't go away. What type of Doctor do I need to see. I explained to them that I did not have insurance but, ran all these test anyway and did not help me at all.
Expert:  IMDR06 replied 6 years ago.

It sounds like you have a ligament injury in your shoulder, could be the rotator cuff or something called a labrum tear. You need to see an orthopedic doctor. In the interim, buy soem Icy-Hot patches from the pharmacy, it may give you some temporary relief. You could also have injury to the nerve bundle called the brachial plexus. Either way, if you can afford it, I would see an orthopedic surgeon. He/she may be able to give you a cortisone shot for the pain.

Dr. Sciberras

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Dr. Sciberras, Do i have any recourse on the misdiagnosis since the pain in my right side of chest was greater than the pain in my shoulder causing me to discribe the wrong symtoms. I still owe them 2400.00. I feel like im being rippedoff. Thanks for the information,because your diagnosis sounds about right. Thanks again.
Expert:  IMDR06 replied 6 years ago.
What do you mean by "recourse"?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I don't have a problem with paying the bill, but i feel they owe me a proper diagnosis for the amount of money they are charging me. In otherwords i should just put a match to 3k.If i knew what  was wrong  i would have went to a orthopedic doctor,not an emergency room, I got more information  from you than them.Do any of those injuries requier surgery. I  wish i would have known about( just answer) four months ago.WHO KNOWS I MIGHT BE WELL BY NOW. I don't want to pay for services that i'm not getting or test that i don't need.The doctor listened to my heart and said( i don't think there is anything wrong with your heart but we will do a ekg anyways) knowing i didn't have medical insurance.So i guess that's what i mean by recoarse. I'm not a rich person my wife and i are not working right now . This was uncalled for. We asked how they came to that conclusion ( pleurisy) with no response from them,the blood test showed high white blood cell count but i told them before they did anything i had an absest tooth it's like they just made it up becuase they didn't find anything. I'm sorry i'm not a fast typer or very good speller. Thanks for your patience.
Expert:  IMDR06 replied 6 years ago.

I would discuss this with their office manager. I really cannot comment since I was not there. Of course when we think of chest pain extending down the arm, the first thing that comes to mind is a heart attack, however, given the history of trauma, I would have looked into other diagnoses as well. But that's just me. Doctors are not perfect and can misdiagnose from time to time, and please don't think I am sticking up for that doctor as I'm not, it's just not a situation I can comment on. Truly if you had proof of another diagnosis, such as records from an orthopedic doctor, I would bring it to them and see if they would waive or lessen the fees they charged you.

Best of luck,

Dr. Sciberras

IMDR06 and 3 other Medical Specialists are ready to help you