How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask DrRussMD Your Own Question
DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 64702
Experience:  Internal Medicine--practice all of internal medicine, all ages, family, health, prevention, complementary medicine, etc.
Type Your Medical Question Here...
DrRussMD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Have pain where top inside of leg joins body..pain seems to

Resolved Question:

Have pain where top inside of leg joins body..pain seems to be associated with where the tendon joins pelvis. Has been a weakness for some years..but is worse pain with some moves.
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 6 years ago.
Is this in the groin?
use reply
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Just about where the most obvious tendon from inside leg enters near the scrotum
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 6 years ago.
The tendon of the leg should not enter the scrotum
Is there a bulge here?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
No does not enter the scrotum ..I was just trying to describe the location of the pain which happens after some type of excercise or sometimes just sitting too long
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 6 years ago.
This is most likely a chronic tendon tear at this location.
Hernia is a possibility and one does not have to have a bulge.
Pelvic pain syndrome is another possibility
Very specifically, you want to have the doctor order an MRI of this area if possible, as this will show everything in a superior fashion, including scaring, tendon tear, degeneration of the tendon, ligament problems in the pelvis, etc.
An orthopedist would be OK but i tend to refer patients to a physiatrist for this type of problem, a doctor specializing in PM&R, physical medicine and rehabilitation, as the structural assesment and solutions will be more varied and comprehensive.
Without such assessment it will be difficult to say exactly what this it.
Let me know if you have further concerns.
Good luck
Please click ACCEPT to give answer credit. Ask more if needed. Bonuses and positive feedback most helpful. Answers for informational purposes only.
DrRussMD and 3 other Medical Specialists are ready to help you