Caring doc
Caring doc, Doctor
Experience:  Internal Medicine Specialist. MBBS,MD
25020506

I CANNOT GET RID OF A SORE THROAT THAT I HAVE HAD FOR OVER A

i CANNOT GET RID OF A SORE THROAT THAT I HAVE HAD FOR OVER A MONTH. i SEEN A DOCTOR WHO PERSCRIBED AN ANTIBIOTIC WHICH WAS FILLED THREE TIMES BUT DID NOT TAKE CARE OF THEW SORE THROAT._I ALSO VISITED THE DENTIST WHO CONFIRMED THAT MY BAD TEETH WERE NOT THE CAUSE OF THE SORE THROAT._i DON'T KNOE WHAT TO DO NEXT!!
Category: Medical
Expert:  Caring doc replied 6 years ago.

Hi.welcome to just answer.Thanks for asking question.

It seems that the cause of your sore throat is not bacterial,it is most probably allergic or viral.it can also be due to some sort of chronic sinusitis and post nasal drip leading to continuous irritation of throat.It can also be persistent problem in mouth breathers.So i would suggest you to have a culture of your throat,monospot test for EBV and a visit to allergist for allergies.If the above mentioned things are ruled out then you may need to see an ENT specialist to do mirror exam of your throat to see if any thing serious.hope this helps,wish you health.